Lt. Commander
# 1 BO skills to AVOID !
02-11-2010, 01:37 PM
do not give any of your away team BOs the following skills for ground..

reroute power to shields... your away team will do nothing but spam it.... ever hear data working a console in the show, the crazy fast "beeping" from the console as he works... thats what it sounds like in-game... only nonstop during your whole away mission very annoying, as they hardly ever fire a shot.. this makes your away team completely useless

cover shield: once one of your away team uses it, or you do, your whole away team will cover behind and campout, they wont attack, or respond to commands while its up... ive told them to attack my target, rally to another spot, everything.. they wont move.. nothing... again, this makes your away team useless [ever try to takedown a starfleet engineer npc that uses reroute to shields/shield generator/health generator... solo, as your away team does absoluteley nothing... not fun .. 2 engineers and its impossible

shield generator: same as above, they will enter the radius of the shield effect, and will not move out from it, again regardless of commands

patch today and you basically addressed nothing at all

honestly.. is their anything at all in this game that works correctly
im still in my 30day grace period, and i am a patient man, but everything in this game seems to have one issue or another, and i find it highly offensive that theyve released this game in this state.. this is nothing more than paid beta-testing in my opinion

note: ive put in 2 support tickets the first day the game was released, ive yet to get any response whatsoever
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
lol....

it may have changed but in Beta one of my Red Shirts had legsweep.. So even though he had an AOE plasma cannon he would still run into a group of mobs and do a little twirl
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 01:50 PM
it wasnt a 335 mb patch today, and this patch was previously announced as a content patch. Bug fixes are more than likely to come in the big patch an a week or two.

Most of the bugs in this game are rooted in multipel systes. You cant fix those in a small patch. Buf fixes on that scale, are left for major patches, so if they add in new content at the same time, they can almost guarantee it will work, as they have tested and stressed it in their internal QA.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
shield generator: same as above, they will enter the radius of the shield effect, and will not move out from it, again regardless of commands
dont know why you say this, it is kinda hard to keep the team inside the shield bubble. since every member of the sway team like to roll left and right given even the slightly chance. dont know about the other power. although i personally never use "reroute power to shields.." as it only effect the caster and not you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEII
dont know why you say this, it is kinda hard to keep the team inside the shield bubble. since every member of the sway team like to roll left and right given even the slightly chance. dont know about the other power. although i personally never use "reroute power to shields.." as it only effect the caster and not you.
i say it because thats what they do, they go into it, kneel down, and dont move, or fire a shot, they may toss a grenade or two, but thats about the sum of it, with those BO skills attached, im basically soloing ground combat

i actualy had 2 starfleet engineers in a "pull" after 20mins of trying to kill them myself, i gave up
2 npc engineers using reroute/health/shield generators was too much for me to solo
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 01:57 PM
i dont see this for my away team, when i uses it, the team fire, run and more than often just roll out of it.

just to make sure, the shield generator is the power that pop and large blue bubble that regen your shield as long as you are inside it.

in fact i would rate the shield generator one of the must have power, i hardly find that my shield is drained when i am inside it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 01:58 PM
yes that would be shield generator
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
So... I know this may seem insulting, but are you not aware that you can prevent your officers from using specific skills except when specifically commanded to do so?

If not, right-click your Reroute and Cover Shield abilities. You'll be pleasantly surprised, and you'll note that disabling them means they're still available if you do decide you need them. (I like Reroute and I like Shield Generators, but I loathe the cover shield which always pops in front of me at the worst times)

So yeah, if you don't like the skills, fine, don't take 'em. Some people might find value in them, and that's fair enough too.

Also, get better weapons. Everything I've got punches through shields to a limited extent, and when I'm faced with strong shielding types, I knock 'em down and plasma snipe 'em when they're Exposed*. It's a pain to solo people who regen their shields, but it can be done and It's never taken me more than about 90 seconds per target to do it.

*general tactic is (and has never failed me, though it's rough against multiple ra'wiq and similarly potent combatants):
1. Equip rifle and slam the opponent with the butt.
2. If opponent is knocked down without expose, use expose special attack; otherwise, go to 3.
3. If opponent is exposed, use snipe shot exploit for crit damage.
4. If opponent is alive, return to 1.
--Note - engineers may wish to plant turrets/generators for step 2 if they're getting beat down; I assume sci/tac officers have similar kit-based abilities for longevity, but I'm an engineer so I don't really care
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dainbramage
i say it because thats what they do, they go into it, kneel down, and dont move, or fire a shot, they may toss a grenade or two, but thats about the sum of it, with those BO skills attached, im basically soloing ground combat

i actualy had 2 starfleet engineers in a "pull" after 20mins of trying to kill them myself, i gave up
2 npc engineers using reroute/health/shield generators was too much for me to solo
Maybe you have set your BOs on passive? Not that those settings have made any noticable differences for me though. I can only wish that every once in while my BOs would stay stand still where I would like them to stay. Even with rally-points set they always do the most idiotic things, like throwing a plasma grenade and then running through their own plasma fires, or going a mile wide and agro a few other groups. Just today I had all four of them jump of a steep cliff like olympic grade lemmings, leaving me to deal with a group of Romulans.

But in general my BOs seem to do their thing best when I just leave them be in their running and stuff, as long as they just fire on the targets I tell them to.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Wait until you reach the Fire Caves.

The BOff movement AI completely collapses in there. You have to manually move them around every single corner, or one or more will get stuck and just stand there.