Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
All scenarios:

No start of round timer/wait for full teams. 9/10 games end before they start.

Winning battles doesn't accomplish anything. Respawn timers need to be WAAAAAY longer or something.

Arena:

I love waiting 10 minutes while the klingons finish jerking eachother off in cloak. Maybe disable cloak for arenas or add some kind of objective in the middle? Seriously, the only thing that ever gets them to decloak is verbal abuse. Or maybe I'm supposed to fly blindly and use my 1:30 cooldown sensor scan olol

Cap&hold:

caps need to give some kind of indication that they're capped. Right now it seems like they might have some indication, but it's extremely subtle and often hard to tell until you've flown halfway across the map and see your point turning white.

points need to drain slower from held territory. It seems like most cap&hold games that don't get ****ed before they begin by unbalanced team numbers and no round start timer end up having exactly one decent battle before someone runs out of points. (admittedly, this is somewhat exacerbated by the lack of the round start timer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotATerrorist
No start of round timer/wait for full teams. 9/10 games end before they start.

...

I love waiting 10 minutes while the klingons finish jerking eachother off in cloak.
The basic problem is lack of population control for PVP. Not only is there no setup start timer, but there is no wait/continue condition based on population.

What is needed is a conditional start based on even population, with a minimum threshold. I suggest 4 in Arena.

Regarding cloaking in Arena... I don't see a problem with cloaks at all. I have never had to wait long for a full team of Klingons to come for us, as neither side wants a match to last longer than is efficient to gain points (or satisfy bloodlust).

The matches where I did have to wait 10+ minutes are when the Klingon side simply did not have more than 2 players in the Arena, and they were either waiting for more or deciding whether to leave or suicide. Again, this would be solved by population control mechanics.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotATerrorist
All scenarios:

Arena:

I love waiting 10 minutes while the klingons finish jerking eachother off in cloak. Maybe disable cloak for arenas or add some kind of objective in the middle? Seriously, the only thing that ever gets them to decloak is verbal abuse. Or maybe I'm supposed to fly blindly and use my 1:30 cooldown sensor scan olol
Disable cloak? LOL!

Us Klingons have to get organized while cloaked before making our attack runs. We may not have enough on our side to attempt a decent strike, so we have to wait. Striking a full Fed team with 2 Klingon warships is idiotic and totally suicidal for no chance of gain (except for the Feds). Otherwise, you see the lame crap (that you probably like) where Klingon players attack the Fedball one at a time due to their impatience.

While mustering up, we need to size our opposition up, assign target priorities, etc.

Klingon warships are not built for toe-to-toe fighting, Federation ships are. Why fight to our enemy's strengths?

Not wishing for Klingons to stay cloaked long is the same as us telling Fedbears not to stay in their Fedballs too long
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-12-2010, 03:15 AM
I think we need a REASON to WIN i.e more points gained/medals then how it is now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-12-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotATerrorist

I love waiting 10 minutes while the klingons finish jerking eachother off in cloak. Maybe disable cloak for arenas or add some kind of objective in the middle? Seriously, the only thing that ever gets them to decloak is verbal abuse. Or maybe I'm supposed to fly blindly and use my 1:30 cooldown sensor scan olol
Judging by your attitude, as well as your name, i'd say you deserve the wait in the first place.

But since you're too dense to figure it out, the reasons klingons just sit there 10 minutes is because they're outnumbered. I've been in MANY arena FvK games where there were only 2-3 klingons vs 5 feds in a fedball.

Don't cry because klingons dont uncloak, they don't want to lose. You asking them to uncloak when they're at a disadvantage is like telling fed players to leave the fedball and run off by themselves. If you're in another game like that and get tired of waiting, LEAVE THE FEDBALL. Get 30km away from your little buddies and I promise you'll get a response from the klingons. Don't think that's fair? Well neither is uncloaking 2-3vs5.

In short, deal with it. Most klingon players aren't patient enough to wait you out anyway and would rather go for a quick loss than a long win, especially since we get bonus XP every 25 deaths. Just bite your tongue while sitting in your safe, secure little fedball, too afraid to move more than 7km from your buddies.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-12-2010, 03:32 AM
last night i played about 25 games ( 5vs5 dm cracked planetoid )

had about 5 games where Klingons had 1-3 only and we needed to wait.

1 of the games had a fed crying after 1st 3minutes and i said in zone that there is only me here (one). he said honorless klingon scum. i said " your mom ".

4 of the games were just me saying in zone " only couple of us here, we need to wait for a while " and no answer from fed side. but its ok. it was fun and we GGed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honvik View Post
I think we need a REASON to WIN i.e more points gained/medals then how it is now.
Instead of a new reason to win -- since we are already rewarded -- there should be a reason to not lose. Lower rewards perhaps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Instead of a new reason to win -- since we are already rewarded -- there should be a reason to not lose. Lower rewards perhaps.
Less rewards for losing would increase the forum QQ ten fold.

Although I really wish they'd remove the "Die 25 times for XP" missions from klingons. I see so many people cost us games because they intentionally suicide or just flat out dont try to survive in a fight because it makes them level slightly faster. They should bake that bonus XP into other missions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
Although I really wish they'd remove the "Die 25 times for XP" missions from klingons. I see so many people cost us games because they intentionally suicide or just flat out dont try to survive in a fight because it makes them level slightly faster. They should bake that bonus XP into other missions.
Agreed. I haven't checked the new Fed PVP missions, but I sincerely hope we don't have a similar 'die X times' mission. Tired of seeing suiciders in matches.

(Though I can't blame them if the queues are simply unable to populate sides evenly.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
Judging by your attitude, as well as your name, i'd say you deserve the wait in the first place.

But since you're too dense to figure it out, the reasons klingons just sit there 10 minutes is because they're outnumbered. I've been in MANY arena FvK games where there were only 2-3 klingons vs 5 feds in a fedball.

Don't cry because klingons dont uncloak, they don't want to lose. You asking them to uncloak when they're at a disadvantage is like telling fed players to leave the fedball and run off by themselves. If you're in another game like that and get tired of waiting, LEAVE THE FEDBALL. Get 30km away from your little buddies and I promise you'll get a response from the klingons. Don't think that's fair? Well neither is uncloaking 2-3vs5.

In short, deal with it. Most klingon players aren't patient enough to wait you out anyway and would rather go for a quick loss than a long win, especially since we get bonus XP every 25 deaths. Just bite your tongue while sitting in your safe, secure little fedball, too afraid to move more than 7km from your buddies.
Nope. You're completely wrong. The teams were even. One time there was even a bug and they had 6 on 4 with a science ship on their side. Also I play both sides, so you can kindly stop projecting your fanboyism onto me.

As for the klingons "needing" it for organization? What the hell are you guys on? Somehow the feds manage to organize without it (and are easy pickings while they try). Also saying their ships aren't meant for head on combat is pretty lol. Bird of prey slaughters any fed ship head on, as does the k'tinga (which has more front mounts than the fed cruiser).

This thread is full of half-assed appeals to star trek canon which do not equate with actual gameplay.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:01 PM.