Lt. Commander
# 1 skills need to move up
02-11-2010, 08:51 AM
do you have to do ALL skills to move up in rank.... i'm a tactical do i have to do eng skills too....i'm lost on the skills.....does all need to be done... or just the tactical........along as the ship traning.....i'm doing crusier do i need to all escot and science.......

no body seem to able to answer me....i'm lost....i have never played a mmo before.. so this is new......i have seen the skill builder thing but dont understand it????

i'm a tactical lcmd 3 in a crusier
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 06:06 PM
You have to spend a certain amount of points to gain in rank, specific skills are not required.

And really with the way the skill cap is there's no reason to buy any ship command skills other than the ones you're going to use... The t3 and t4 ones will help you for about 10 levels before you change ships to one that they don't apply to though :/

The engineering and science skills basically improve the abilities your Bridge Officers use, there are a few that provide other benefits as well, for example warp core training increases the power level of systems at low power settings.

I don't know how all the skills work, and I doubt too many on the forums apart from the devs could tell you how they 'all' work.