Lt. Commander
# 41
02-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
Well I got a fairly quick reply to a PM I sent to a Cryptic rep on this situation. I was told that this issue is "already being addressed" and that I should "stay tuned to the forums for future information". I'm hopeful that can be taken as good news in some form or fashion.
I hope they don't fill in the missing MU pieces with C-store offers, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-14-2010, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koriel View Post
I hope they don't fill in the missing MU pieces with C-store offers, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Well. As long as they made them free for the people who already purchased them through the prior offer, that'd be fine.

If they didn't, that would be well beyond shady.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-14-2010, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
They're already in game. You can see them at Treasure Trading Station. There is NO reason they should not be added. Seriously, some folks shelled out 200$ for these things SOLELY and have never logged into CO.
There's also an Orion female on the second floor of Quark's Bar on DS9 who's wearing one.

However, these are TOS Mirror Universe. Keep in mind that the male Mirror Universe uniform does not look like the one from TOS.

Personally, I'd be happy if they just made a female version of the existing uniform. But the TOS Mirror Universe would be nice. Or as a bonus for those who have both TOS and Mirror, enable a TOS MIrror uniform.

Still, the fact that it's "working as intended" has me rather miffed. I purchased something on Cryptic's false pretenses. I'm willing to be reasonable, more reasonable than the letter of the law for certain. All I want is what I paid for even if it isn't made "available at the game's release" as the original advertising said.

Honestly, I've been exceptionally loyal to Cryptic and I feel the loyalty has not been a two way street anymore. It was only when I got the "This feature is working as intended" ticket close message in regards to the mirror universe uniform and the female TOS uniform's improper neckline (or the fact that it not only is a two piece but is blatantly so, where the TOS uniform is actually a one piece... so still haven't gotten what I paid for) that removed any desire I have to be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-14-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
Females make up a rather LARGE portion of Star Trek's fan-base.

They (and us males) want to see Mirror Universe items for women. I am sad enough not having the "Kirk-top" for the men included.

And this uniform is ALREADY in-game; an NPC is WEARING it already.

Hey, welcome to Cryptic.

When designing CoH, they assumed that females would be a very small portion of the population. However we weren't. We were a large portion.

They assumed we would be a small portion of the Champions players, but we aren't.

They assumed we would be a small portion of the STO players, but we aren't.

Has anyone else noticed the glass ceiling in here?

Why is this thread in "Controls and User Interface"?
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Hey, welcome to Cryptic.

When designing CoH, they assumed that females would be a very small portion of the population. However we weren't. We were a large portion.

They assumed we would be a small portion of the Champions players, but we aren't.

They assumed we would be a small portion of the STO players, but we aren't.

Has anyone else noticed the glass ceiling in here?

Because the description of the forum includes the character creator/costume editor.

And yeah... it's terribly disappointing. I was bored of CO long before they added female facial tentacle options to CO, and now it's the same in STO... (Yes. I'm weird.)

At the risk of invoking stereotypes, you'd think there'd be more emphasis on the variety of dressup for female toons. I've never understood why Cryptic rolls the other way round, especially when they should know by now to expect a significant female base.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
However, these are TOS Mirror Universe. Keep in mind that the male Mirror Universe uniform does not look like the one from TOS.
The TOS Mirror Universe uniforms had three male variations: Kirk, Spock, and everyone else. The in-game costume is based on Spock's. The in-game top is identical to Spock's, right down to the pattern of the seams and the cravat under the collar. All that's really missing is the dagger and boots.

Presumably they chose the uniform for Spock or a Vulcan since they essentially have the same personality in either universe and they could fit in better since they're not barbarous like the others.

You can watch the Mirror, Mirror episode on CBS's site. If you compare the show's uniform with the in-game version, you can see the artist really did a superb job emulating it.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Presumably because this forum is also for the character creator.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
The in-game top is identical to Spock's, right down to the pattern of the seams and the cravat under the collar. All that's really missing is the dagger and boots.
It's also missing the Terran Medals/Decoration pins.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
It's also missing the Terran Medals/Decoration pins.
True, but medals aren't just decorations. They're things you earn.

In a Mirror Universe you presumably earn them for distinguished acts of ruthlessness. For example, Mirror Kirk's service record including deeds such as the suppression of the Gorlan uprising through the destruction of the rebels' home planet, and the execution of 5,000 colonists on Vega IX.

Since your character has been in the Federation's Starfleet ever since you've been an ensign, it's not likely your character ever performed similar acts and consequently - no medals.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
True, but medals aren't just decorations. They're things you earn.

In a Mirror Universe you presumably earn them for distinguished acts of ruthlessness. For example, Mirror Kirk's service record including deeds such as the suppression of the Gorlan uprising through the destruction of the rebels' home planet, and the execution of 5,000 colonists on Vega IX.

Since your character has been in the Federation's Starfleet ever since you've been an ensign, it's not likely your character ever performed similar acts and consequently - no medals.
I'm well aware of that. I meant decorations as in 'Military Decorations'. And sorry but you do not know my character's backstory nor how my character got to the current timeline in STO. So if I designed my character to have those terran medals of service then that should be up to me. You can leave them off of your uniform if you want. (Perhaps your character is a non-achiever? Someone worthy of the agony booth! j/k )

Medals should be made available if the details of the uniform are to be correct. Quality Star Trek uniforms should have these details covered. It's just as important as having a the MU Dagger Sidearm or Actual TOS Insignias instead of the STO combadge.

Sadly, I'm beginning to think we won't see the nice details for Female MU uniforms. If and when they do them, I think only a tank top will be designed since the other pieces can be taken from the TOS set. Doubt we will see the arm bracelet or Uhura's sexy thigh dagger.