Lt. Commander
# 51
02-14-2010, 09:43 PM
This better be a joke. Last I heard they said this was a bug and that female Mirror uniforms would be in soon. Well at least once I get my PSU replaced I can make do with TOS skirts. But still....

Oh, and even though I got points with the retail codes I do not see being forced to use my free CP for a second part of a set that should have been there from the start as even remotely fair. So please don't suggest it be put in the store.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-15-2010, 05:11 AM
I too would like to see Mirror uniform costumes for the girls. I mean come on Cryptic, in this enlightened day and age, us girls are just as important as the guys so quit the discrimination and give us our sexy clothes! :p
Lt. Commander
# 53 I agree, also
02-15-2010, 06:04 AM
I also agree, the female top is needed for the original TOS Mirror Mirror uniform set.

But also, how about the equipment and knives? I'm not sure if it's already in or not, but there should be the option to add this to the uniform as well.

Equipment:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5...rormirror1.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5152/mirror8.jpg

And for women, the knife in the top of the thigh high boot:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/9...mirrorstar.jpg

Let's hope that all this is being worked on.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Hey, welcome to Cryptic.

When designing CoH, they assumed that females would be a very small portion of the population. However we weren't. We were a large portion.

They assumed we would be a small portion of the Champions players, but we aren't.

They assumed we would be a small portion of the STO players, but we aren't.

Has anyone else noticed the glass ceiling in here?

Why is this thread in "Controls and User Interface"?
I don't think Cryptic has any women designers working for them, it would not surprise me if this is the issue why girls are not represented properly.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I too am a Champs Lifer and MILD RP-er... and sadly my mirror crew has to be all male right now Luckily there are great scar and beard options in game

Seriously though... this needs a dev response.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterorff View Post
I too am a Champs Lifer and MILD RP-er... and sadly my mirror crew has to be all male right now Luckily there are great scar and beard options in game

Seriously though... this needs a dev response.
They've given one. Send a ticket about it and you'll get something along the ines of "The Mirror Universe uniform is working as intended." Which essentially means "go stuff it so far up your shuttle bay that it's obstructing the view screen on the bridge."
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-16-2010, 08:44 AM
/signed

add all the mirror universe cotumes (upper and lower half of the body)

and while ur at it cryptic please can you add in the lowerhalf of the costumes for the Ds9 TNG costumes also
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
They've given one. Send a ticket about it and you'll get something along the ines of "The Mirror Universe uniform is working as intended." Which essentially means "go stuff it so far up your shuttle bay that it's obstructing the view screen on the bridge."
I thought that was a GM response though. I want an actual Dev to just come out and say it on these boards for all of us to see.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal-Access View Post
/signed

add all the mirror universe cotumes (upper and lower half of the body)

and while ur at it cryptic please can you add in the lowerhalf of the costumes for the Ds9 TNG costumes also
Doubt very much this will happen. They apparently are trying to save time & money and only design tops. Devs told us to use the TNG pants with everything instead. This same corner-cutting is why our MU sashes are bugged on all but the Mid-Ankle pants.

This isn't right. MU uniforms were advertised as "Mirror Universe Costume Set" and "Unique Mirror Universe Outfit".
  • "Set" led me to believe its a set of male and female costumes.
  • "Outfit" led me to believe the costume included exclusive pieces from head to toe.

If it was advertised as "Spock's Mirror Universe Shirt & Sash" it would have been clear that Cryptic was not going to design bottoms nor the Female costumes. But maybe someone in marketing decided against this very accurate description. Hmm I wonder why??
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
If it was advertised as "Spock's Mirror Universe Shirt & Sash" it would have been clear that Cryptic was not going to design bottoms nor the Female costumes. But maybe someone in marketing decided against this very accurate description. Hmm I wonder why??
Honestly, at this point, I think it might be deliberate deception... Have you ever taken a college course in marketing? They actually teach you to lie through your teeth... Marketers have zero ethics and have actually gotten corporations into trouble that otherwise wouldn't have gotten into trouble with their lies and half truths.