Lt. Commander
So...

Thank you first of all, for adding this in but at the same time... What is up with the weapons you can get?

Antiproton or Tricobalt only?

Seriously... why are there not tetryon, phaser, disruptor, and plasma weapons as well as photon, quantum, and so forth as Admiral level gear?

It seems very crappy that Admirals get to max 1 skill in the admiral tree and you give us only 1 option for each weapon type to use at 45, and BOTH are admiral level specializations.

Please, give us more options in the Mark of Exploration vendor. Give me the option to get purple phasers, or quantums.

Either that or give us more skill points...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
So...

Thank you first of all, for adding this in but at the same time... What is up with the weapons you can get?

Seriously... why are there not tetryon, phaser, disruptor, and plasma weapons as well as photon, quantum, and so forth as Admiral level gear?

It seems very crappy that Admirals get to max 1 skill in the admiral tree and you give us only 1 option for each weapon type to use at 45, and BOTH are admiral level specializations.

Please, give us more options in the Mark of Exploration vendor. Give me the option to get purple phasers, or quantums.

what he said
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
At the very least, allow more the 5 badges a day.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
You DO know the concept of end game content right Nashie? PVP and areas for grinding gear.
Well here's your area for gear. And you want it all right away. Just work for it for once..

But I agree with the OP. Iit should be more of a selection. I want my phasers. I might switch to Antiproton if we actually had a respec and actually had the cap to fit it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Dailies are supposed to be lengthy to get, so 5 marks a day is fine for the current gear setups.
Som games don't even give you 5 of any token, but only 1 or 2 a day for items that cost 10-20 tokens.

But i agree, a wider selection is needed, perhaps even some specialty gear rather than just beefed up Covariant's etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 10:05 PM
The stores definetly need to add more variety to their selection. I was extremely happy to see the purple colour and then mortified when I realised it is ALL Anti-Proton / Tri-cobalt.

Respecs arent going to do jack to help with these systems because the penalty your going to take to train even one of these skills to use them efficiently is way too high. Its even more irritating to add these systems are going to take weeks / months of work to acquire.

The stats on these things are relatively SMALL improvements yet its going to take weeks to get these items. That is an unreasonable time vs. reward ratio.
No, it dosent mean making shields that brush of Borg cubes but it also means it shouldnt take me a week to earn enough badges to buy a single kit that gets 1 level higher skill than the one I got via exploration badges.

Either the cost needs to come down or their stats need to go up to actually reflect the amount of effort players are making to actually get these things. That or they need to offer an exploration level store which offers the Whites / Green / Blues for badges as well.

As it is, even if you COULD train anti - Protons, its going to take you months to even GET enough weapons to make training it worth while.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 10:07 PM
What we have now is only the beginning:

See official post
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 02:21 AM
I heard that antiproton weapon special quality is that they benefit from both phaser skill and antiproton skill? Is that true? if so, doesn't that mean you can end up with an obscenely powerful weapon if you take maxxed phaser skill and even say 30 percent bonus antiproton? Then antiproton weapons would natural replace any phaser loadout you had, which sounds prtty nice to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
So...

Cryptic, your skill trees encourages choice and specialization (specialization primary because of the skill cap) while your itemization does not. You need to be consistent or add respecs ASAP. End of story.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anadea
What we have now is only the beginning:

See official post
that post says nothing about proper itemization, just that there will be more badges. The rewards could be equally as poorly thought out.