# 21
06-12-2014, 01:57 PM
UUUURG...... Urge to buy...... soo great
Captain
# 22
06-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythilo2345 View Post
does this event only apply to the doff packs bought from the cstore during the event or will it drop already having doff packs in your inventory before the event went live
It only applies to newly purchased Romulan Survivor DOff packs. Old packs sold on the exchange or sitting in your inventory will not offer the chance to get the Bullwark. Once this event goes down, any packs purchased during this event will no longer offer the extra chance reward if not opened before the end of the event.

~CaptainSmirk
Career Officer
# 23
06-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoxx View Post
Could I get a link to the source of that figure?
spend hundreds of dollars trying to win a bug and finally just had to shell out 460 million ec on the exchange. This is a rarer ship than the JAS but Im not grinding or gambling for it.
Ensign
# 24
06-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
That's the link to your post about the 0.5% figure. Could you please link the original source of this figure?
Empire Veteran
# 25
06-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Quote:
That's the link to your post about the 0.5% figure. Could you please link the original source of this figure?
No. It is on the forums in at least two dozen threads. Not for this particular ship, but pwe's percentages in other packs
Commander
# 26
06-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Do you really, really, REALLY think that Cryptic would tell everyone the actual odds of winning?

Yeah right.

The 0.5% figure for the 'ultra rare' (generally the rare ships) has been more or less confirmed by players after opening tons of lockboxes of various types over on PTS, and it keeps coming up time and time again across every single one of their games, too.
Ensign
# 27
06-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
No. It is on the forums in at least two dozen threads. Not for this particular ship, but pwe's percentages in other packs
So the figure you gave corresponds to other chance boxes, but has not been verified to correspond to the Bulwark promo pack?
Commander
# 28
06-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
It only applies to newly purchased Romulan Survivor DOff packs. Old packs sold on the exchange or sitting in your inventory will not offer the chance to get the Bullwark. Once this event goes down, any packs purchased during this event will no longer offer the extra chance reward if not opened before the end of the event.

~CaptainSmirk
If that is true, it would be really confusing. Because JHAS promo packs did (and I think still do) give their reward, even after the promo event. It would be really inconsistent to handle Bullwark promo packs in a different way.
Captain
# 29
06-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebtron View Post
If that is true, it would be really confusing. Because JHAS promo packs did (and I think still do) give their reward, even after the promo event. It would be really inconsistent to handle Bullwark promo packs in a different way.
Yes it is very confusing, and i apologize for that. It even confused Trendy and I earlier when we had to clarify with the Dev team.

But we are doing our best to clear this up here in the forums, and we are working on an update for the blog right now to help address this.

Thanks for your patience everyone! And good luck opening your packs. I will cross my fingers for lots of winners!

~CaptainSmirk
Captain
# 30
06-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
Yes it is very confusing, and i apologize for that. It even confused Trendy and I earlier when we had to clarify with the Dev team.

But we are doing our best to clear this up here in the forums, and we are working on an update for the blog right now to help address this.

Thanks for your patience everyone! And good luck opening your packs. I will cross my fingers for lots of winners!

~CaptainSmirk
Perhaps, you should decide on a consistent policy for this in the future, and include clarifications in the dev blog beforehand. I've seen similar questions asked in the past. Furthermore, if two boxes have different rewards, they should also have different names to prevent confusion.

Quote:
So the figure you gave corresponds to other chance boxes, but has not been verified to correspond to the Bulwark promo pack?
Cryptic has never published the odds of winning any ship, but testing done by players has shown the chance to be approximately 0.5% for various types of boxes. I don't expect this one to be any different.

Last edited by frtoaster; 06-12-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Closed Thread