Lieutenant
Hi all,

Yeah, yeah, I know we have peeps who like either Axanar or ST: Renegades, And I fall into the camp, that I am waiting with baited breath for both.

Anways I wanted to give a heads up, that the 20 minute proof of concept film will be available tomorrow some time.

Now I've already seen it myself, thanks to a good friend in the biz, and i have to say, I was blown away.

spoilers below...

Spoilers start here...

The Klingons take out 5 planets all for their dilithium using D6's. The Feds are gettin creamed.

Admiral Candyman raises the spirits of the Federation, and working together, they create the Ares class.

It's the first memory I have of the word "*****" ever been associated with ST.

It's a race to bring the 1701 on line , with the Klingons getting the D7 going first.

A battle to end all battles at the Axanar system, which would allow the Klingons to be within striking distance of Vulcan, Andoria, Tellarite, and Earth.

Garth of Izar is the classic reluctant warrior trope.

end spoilers here.

All in all, it is very very good, even the special effects are above average. As soon as I get word that is released to the public, I'll share a link here for my fellow players. I know this may cause some debate, so I want to point out, that this post is with optimism, over us having more trek to choose from. Heck I even expect some continuity errors, but as I understand it, It does try and tie in the Old SFB games (Huge fan and still moderator of the SFC games myself) , and the Trek Cannon we all know and love.

That being said, When I post it tomorrow, I do hope that you all enjoy it as much as I did, even if it does strike up good debate, because hey, I love a good debate myself.

@F9thRet

Edit to add link, since the second trailer is different than the 20 minute one at Comic Con.

http://vimeo.com/101885689

PW is victory

Last edited by f9thretxc; 07-30-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Captain
# 2
07-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Its coming out tomorrow! Holy crap I forgot ( stupid I know ), would be awesome if you can post a link I have been itching to see this, finally some new ( prime universe ) trek! Yay!
Lieutenant
# 3
07-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Let me be clear, this is just a 20 minute proof of concept film. Not the full release. But yes, I will def. post a link as soon as it becomes public. I was really impressed with it, but then again, I'm easily impressed in my old age.

I'm just glad your excited also, If one person is as excited as I am, then that makes my day.
Career Officer
# 4
07-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thretxc View Post
Let me be clear, this is just a 20 minute proof of concept film. Not the full release. But yes, I will def. post a link as soon as it becomes public. I was really impressed with it, but then again, I'm easily impressed in my old age.

I'm just glad your excited also, If one person is as excited as I am, then that makes my day.
Count me in the excited club as well, I've been waiting for this proof of concept to arrive
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster attitude upgrade - Installed *
Rihannsu
# 5
07-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Where can I watch it? :p
I'm sorry for any strange typos, I'm cursed with this spell check... Support the Jupiter and Typhoon. Supporters: 147 (more or less) Jupiter Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFangs
Oh, Hamsters? We got rid of them long ago.
Tribbles is where it's at. They can't run on wheels, but man, they burn REALLY well. And we never seem to run out. . .
Captain
# 6
07-29-2014, 04:52 PM
On an unrelated note, having nyxadrill's sig right before stomperx99's sig is rather amusing...

As for the Axanar, I remain cautiously optimistic. It looks really cool, but none of the other fan Treks I've seen have really grabbed me.
Career Officer
# 7
07-30-2014, 08:52 AM
nothing yet on yout, i suspect i wont get to see this proof of concept or whatever it is until tomorrow morning if its left any later. by time of ticket its alreasy 4:52pm where i am.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-30-2014, 09:00 AM

Last edited by airborne2506; 07-30-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-30-2014, 09:03 AM
LOL wish I saw your post before I posted mine,
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1182251

Love all the Battlestar actors in this project!
Captain
# 10
07-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Battlestar Galactica allums in a prime timeline Star Trek? Of course I'm interested.

And the trailers seemed pretty good.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!