Survivor of Romulus
# 791
07-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
i intend to...after risa

*begins dialing up risa's gate address*

oh, by the way, i got another potential location for you all to explore, through a dimensional rift one of my scouts discovered; not just a single world this time either - an entire sector, populated by humans who apparently fled there from sol after nearly being wiped out by some group called the eastern coalition

the locals call it the sirius sector...which is odd, considering it's on the other side of their galaxy from where our sirius sector is located

initial surveys didn't look too promising in terms of advanced technology, but maybe a team will be able to find something of use

here are the details i've collected so far on sirius - enjoy *tosses a datapad at grand vizier worffan, then finishes dialing risa and steps through the gate*
I'll send some minions to check it.

Hey, you want to do me a favor and check out this portal to a 'verse with this government called the Union of Allied Planets? They don't seem to be particularly advanced based on the unarmed freighter that we held temporarily, but this "River Tam" girl broke the freighter and its crew out while kicking my minions' behinds like a bunch of third-rate rent-a-cops.

So there's got to be SOMEthing good about that 'verse.

Hail Ba'al!
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 792
07-07-2014, 11:12 AM
*Walks back in*
Sorry... Every ship in the sector was called in to deal with a Borg incursion. Starfleet's policy is to hit them with everything we got and stop them. We lost a couple ships, but killed the Cube.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Captain
# 793
07-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler2 View Post
*Walks back in*
Sorry... Every ship in the sector was called in to deal with a Borg incursion. Starfleet's policy is to hit them with everything we got and stop them. We lost a couple ships, but killed the Cube.
Uhhh yeah. We kinda just hit it with a big ole' rock and that worked.

Starfleet might want to invest in asteroid propolsion from now on...
"Change is the only constant in Reality." - Heraclitus.... Ironic, no?
Survivor of Romulus
# 794
07-07-2014, 11:16 AM
C-fractional strikes with fullerened antimatter asteroids. Insanely energy-expensive, out of the reach of anyone who doesn't have all of Sovereign Ba'al's ZPMs and naquadriah generators, but they are SO worth it.

Hail Ba'al!
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
Captain
# 795
07-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Well... we have a little bit of inside info from individuals liberated from the Collective. It is possible, but not on a wide scale basis. And I'd suggest locating Borg Transwarp Hubs as well. When Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant, she did manage to destroy part of the Borg Transwarp Network. That managed to deal some damage and limit their ability to travel for a while.

And if anyone's planning on assassinating the Queen... the Borg seem to have a ready supply of replacements. One was killed by Captain Picard when the Enterprise-E stopped the Borg from altering history in 2063. That Queen came from 2371. Voyager reported encounterning another Queen in the Delta Quadrant several years later.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Survivor of Romulus
# 796
07-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Well... we have a little bit of inside info from individuals liberated from the Collective. It is possible, but not on a wide scale basis. And I'd suggest locating Borg Transwarp Hubs as well. When Voyager returned to the Alpha Quadrant, she did manage to destroy part of the Borg Transwarp Network. That managed to deal some damage and limit their ability to travel for a while.

And if anyone's planning on assassinating the Queen... the Borg seem to have a ready supply of replacements. One was killed by Captain Picard when the Enterprise-E stopped the Borg from altering history in 2063. That Queen came from 2371. Voyager reported encounterning another Queen in the Delta Quadrant several years later.
Glorious Regime hackers have discovered something called the Royal Protocol. Apparently the Borg Queen is basically a CPU for the Borg--everything goes through her sooner or later. If she's killed, the Collective designates a new CPU.

Theoretically, it should be possible to disable the Collective by killing the Queen and preventing the Royal Protocol from activating. That SHOULD fragment the Collective, with each submatrix of the unimatrix putting its designated goals first.

(OOC: And let's just ignore most if not all of Voyager's Borg episodes, because not only were they poorly written as sh*t, but they nerfed the borg something awful as well)

Hail Ba'al!
Captain
# 797
07-07-2014, 11:30 AM
(OOC: I attribute some of that to Undine attacks. They weren't as focused as they were in First Contact. But I do agree... there are episodes that weren't written as well as others. And I've already made my argument at defending Janeway in multiple threads.)

The Borg are spread out all over the Galaxy, but mostly concentrated in the Delta Quadrant. Might be difficult, but... its possible... Hm... Borg Civil War... might be fun to watch.
Quote:
Survivor of Romulus
# 798
07-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Quote:
(OOC: I attribute some of that to Undine attacks. They weren't as focused as they were in First Contact. But I do agree... there are episodes that weren't written as well as others. And I've already made my argument at defending Janeway in multiple threads.)

The Borg are spread out all over the Galaxy, but mostly concentrated in the Delta Quadrant. Might be difficult, but... its possible... Hm... Borg Civil War... might be fun to watch.
(OOC: Let's not argue about Janeway. But I will say that I officially gave up on Voyager when the Queen started giving verbal orders to her drones.)

Give it a shot.

Hail Ba'al!
Captain
# 799
07-07-2014, 11:51 AM
(OOC: Bad writing. /argument)

I'll go make the popcorn.
Quote:
Survivor of Romulus
# 800
07-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Quote:
(OOC: Bad writing. /argument)

I'll go make the popcorn.
(OOC: agreed. /argument)

IC: Should be fun. I'll bring lemonade.

Hail Ba'al!