Lt. Commander
# 1 Danube Class Runabouts
02-16-2010, 03:02 PM
I love my runabout it isn't useful for anything but I still love it. That being said two things I would like to see are:

1.) Please let us name them, we payed as much as we would have to for any tier 4 starship we should be able to name them.

2.) Let us switch to using them in the field (i.e. we can have both full sized star ship and our runabout on our character window at the same time and switch between the two as the active star ship)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMSY
I love my runabout it isn't useful for anything but I still love it. That being said two things I would like to see are:

1.) Please let us name them, we payed as much as we would have to for any tier 4 starship we should be able to name them.

2.) Let us switch to using them in the field (i.e. we can have both full sized star ship and our runabout on our character window at the same time and switch between the two as the active star ship)
you can rename them all rdy but have you look at you stats lately cuz after useing one they chang
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Ideally, I too would like to see Runabouts to be usable in conjunction with your main starship.
To launch them and switch between them would be particularly useful in collecting anomalies.
In combat, they would have to be automated like however Klingon fighters work from their Super Carrier though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 04:34 PM
I would also like to see other ships like this end up in game.

This game has the potential to allow one to select from dozens of classes of starships with differing abilities and roles. If it can pull that off, it might just make it as a top-notch space MMO. If it relegates all of our end-game fighting to 2-3 ships, the boredom will set in pretty early.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Im not trek expert but from watching DS9 I always understood runabouts to be larger than a shuttle or fighter. Not sure having one as a onboard ship would make sense.

Then again there was that captain's yacht and that was larger than a normal shuttle
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 05:09 PM
watmo i point you to voyager and the delta flyer which in essence has the same functionality and size as a runabout,

I personally don't like the idea of using them like fighters because that's just not what federation ships seem to be about but being able to deploy one for anomalies and what not would be very nice as well as just fun.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree. Runabouts would be excellent if they could be used as auxillary platforms in support to your main starship, like the Delta Flyer was to Voyager.

In game, it can help fetch anomalies, be an extra platform for spare officers, weapons and consoles..

Hell, it is called a 'run about' for a reason
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Would be nice to be able to enter your runabout from your ship. NOT have to dock and change just for a joyride!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watmo View Post
Im not trek expert but from watching DS9 I always understood runabouts to be larger than a shuttle or fighter. Not sure having one as a onboard ship would make sense.

Then again there was that captain's yacht and that was larger than a normal shuttle

more nerdiness fer ya, picard himself used a runabout in a tng episode "timescape" i believe the runabout was part of the enterprise
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Where do I find a Runabout?