Lt. Commander
Since I can't roll back to the 190 series drivers (as they don't exist for my 260m) do we have a better solution for those of us with laptops?

I have tried the new beta drivers, a host of graphics settings, and Rockntreks fix.

I love this game and I want to play it, so much so that I bought the Collector's ed despite a stuttering trial, but this has gotten to be ridiculous. Ground missions make me feel sick and I can't listen to music while I play since the stuttering bogs my entire laptop down.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 11:14 PM
I do apologize for the bump, but I must admit to having a personal interest in this post staying on page 1. I can't play like this and I do so dearly want to give Cryptic my $15 a month.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Well I can't really help with your situation but I can give you some reassurance in that it's not just GeForce mobility cards that have the stuttering problem. I'm on a desktop using an ATi card and have much the same, though not on every ground level it seems to only be the ones that are "in doors".

I have found a work around that for some reason which is absolutely unknown to me works. That's upping every possible setting in the video settings as high as it can go. Using the Catalyst 10.1 drivers, though this probably isn't much help to you on a laptop.

Have you tried rolling back to the WHQL 186 drivers out of interest?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-RD View Post
Well I can't really help with your situation but I can give you some reassurance in that it's not just GeForce mobility cards that have the stuttering problem. I'm on a desktop using an ATi card and have much the same, though not on every ground level it seems to only be the ones that are "in doors".

I have found a work around that for some reason which is absolutely unknown to me works. That's upping every possible setting in the video settings as high as it can go. Using the Catalyst 10.1 drivers, though this probably isn't much help to you on a laptop.

Have you tried rolling back to the WHQL 186 drivers out of interest?
Yeah, I've tried the 186s as well as the current stable release and the current test release. None offer any improvement. In fact, the only thing playing with versions did was break STO appearing correctly in Windows when I hit WIN+TAB. :p

System performance is not to blame, I believe, as I do have a performance-oriented laptop. Even being a mobile version a GTX 260M should still be able to handle this game, especially since it has played other intensive PC games at max.

Thanks for the help, though!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by An_Unfortunate_Squig
Yeah, I've tried the 186s as well as the current stable release and the current test release. None offer any improvement. In fact, the only thing playing with versions did was break STO appearing correctly in Windows when I hit WIN+TAB. :p

System performance is not to blame, I believe, as I do have a performance-oriented laptop. Even being a mobile version a GTX 260M should still be able to handle this game, especially since it has played other intensive PC games at max.

Thanks for the help, though!
No no you're quite right that GTX 260M should have no problem with the game what so ever. I was more thinking that it might not "officially" be supported - not that it makes much difference

It most certainly sounds like it's game related. I know for a fact we are not the only people having trouble just by skimming through the forum.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-RD View Post
No no you're quite right that GTX 260M should have no problem with the game what so ever. I was more thinking that it might not "officially" be supported - not that it makes much difference

It most certainly sounds like it's game related. I know for a fact we are not the only people having trouble just by skimming through the forum.
Yeah, it seems to be a fairly common problem and, as far as I can tell, it started in OB. But it seems you're having a slightly different issue to mine. My problem is present regardless of being in or out of doors, mostly noticeable when the game has multiple NPCs around (be it in a station or in a combat situation.) Targeting new NPCs also seems to cause stutter.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Funny this bug still excists.

I canceled my preorder on this. I wish you the best it will be solved soon. (And not for 1500 CP in CStore)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I too have problems planetside and interiors , so much that I hate visiting stations.

This problem is the game as I can run more demanding new top end games at full spec on my gaming laptop.

I can't play much longer like this, please make this a priority.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 04:10 AM
There is the problem with gForce cards and shadows. Tryed turning off sadows ?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyWar
There is the problem with gForce cards and shadows. Tryed turning off sadows ?
Turning off shadows doesn't help. Can we get some Dev love in here?

I'm wanting to love your game but it's not letting me!