Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Getting closer and closer to unsubbing and pawning this game off on a friend. Can someone from Cryptic at least acknowledge they're working on a fix outside of "Use 6 month old drivers (which aren't available for your system)?"
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Real shame you've not got this sorted Squig I would have expected some feedback considering how two more posters have written about it.

Interesting to hear of a pre-order cancellation based on the issue. That leads me to believe the focus of the game is elsewhere rather than on performance.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah. I mean, I'm not unreasonable. I understand fixes for complex issues take time and that the sheer number of different system configurations means no game will ever run perfectly for everyone. However, this seems like a decent size issue (in terms of number of players.)

I'd really just like some kind of response. A "we know, we're working on it. Give us a few patches." is perfectly fine. But as far as I can tell this problem has been around since Champions and OB of STO. That's disheartening to say the least.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I had to roll back to the 186.81 drivers to fix my stuttering problems on my gtx 260m. Make sure you remove your current drivers and reboot before applying the 186.81's.

I wish nvidia would release a 196.* driver for mobile cards, as the 195's give me better framerate in space, but are absolutely unplayable because of the stuttering on ground missions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, with over a week unable to play STO because of crippling stuttering problems I suppose I'll cancel before they charge me my first month. Hopefully someone will buy my account, since I can't use it thanks to a lack of any real solution.

Too bad, I quite liked this game.