Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I have played today about 15 rounds in two different ships and it is WAY UNBALANCED. I can not win one round even with people staying together and are higher levels then the Klingon's, and still we can not get their shields down past half. But the Klingon's rip through our shields in 10 seconds. Cryptic why did you unbalance the PVP why not stick to what was in CO(the balance system that brought up the lower level people and handicapped the higher level people).

Anyway, I cannot believe that a bird of pray has that munch shields and that powerful of weapons. It is a Fed slaughter every time I play PVP. So something needs to be changed to re-balance this or I will never get the two assigned missions done.

Also to add Klingon's should have weaker shields and higher hall and low hall in the back and low shields in the back. In every show, movie, and game the Klingon's never believed that someone would have the advantage of getting behind them and they would never turn away in a battle and to go forward to kill their opponent. Also weaker shields motivated their solders, captains, and craw to never turn and run like a coward. Last we should be able to fire on them while they are cloaking and cloaked (but it should be only why you are right on top of them and have a spacial scanner)

also not just the science class federation ship can see cloaked ship and no one else it is ridicules because in PVP sessions there are not always a science class to help the Fed side. the cloaking should be not so useful because it is to hide and the ship. Also the ship is very vulnerable at this state because they have no shields up to protect them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Hate to tell you this, sci ships can't see through cloak worth a damn either. Sensor scan is laughably useless as a detection method. Just get in the fedball and focus a target when they jump you out of cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Hate to tell you this, sci ships can't see through cloak worth a damn either. Sensor scan is laughably useless as a detection method. Just get in the fedball and focus a target when they jump you out of cloak.
ya done the fed ball a lot and stell nothing nojoy when II had time in beta to do PVP it was way more blanced then it is know and also at lanch whey I was low level.

O well I hope they get it blanced out for us.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthegreat View Post
I have played today about 15 rounds in two different ships and it is WAY UNBALANCED. I can not win one round even with people staying together and are higher levels then the Klingon's, and still we can not get their shields down past half. But the Klingon's rip through our shields in 10 seconds. Cryptic why did you unbalance the PVP why not stick to what was in CO(the balance system that brought up the lower level people and handicapped the higher level people).

Anyway, I cannot believe that a bird of pray has that munch shields and that powerful of weapons. It is a Fed slaughter every time I play PVP. So something needs to be changed to re-balance this or I will never get the two assigned missions done.

Also to add Klingon's should have weaker shields and higher hall and low hall in the back and low shields in the back. In every show, movie, and game the Klingon's never believed that someone would have the advantage of getting behind them and they would never turn away in a battle and to go forward to kill their opponent. Also weaker shields motivated their solders, captains, and craw to never turn and run like a coward. Last we should be able to fire on them while they are cloaking and cloaked (but it should be only why you are right on top of them and have a spacial scanner)

also not just the science class federation ship can see cloaked ship and no one else it is ridicules because in PVP sessions there are not always a science class to help the Fed side. the cloaking should be not so useful because it is to hide and the ship. Also the ship is very vulnerable at this state because they have no shields up to protect them.
Just wanted to add. That if they make the rear more exposed for the Klingon's I think would be a good idea because it would force more tactics in the fight. Then just auto fire Canons (which is making this more like EVE, find the weapons and buffs that make you rip through shields and hull, not STO. And eve is boring.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
If the Klingons are ripping through your shield in under 10 seconds, you should get Reverse Shield Polarity. That's one reason I switched out of the Escort in T2 -- so I could get that skill.

Extend Shields is also an excellent heal/buff that makes it nearly impossible to kill the person you're buffing (if you're doing it with full shield power).

Granted if you're playing the 10v10, not much will save you from 10 ships focus firing on you but in the 5v5s you can take a beating with the right skills and some decent allies.



A lot of FvK space fights I look at the healing and Feds have "0" all the way down their chart.

If you aren't going to heal each other, just stick to ground combat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthegreat View Post
if they make the rear more exposed for the Klingon's I think would be a good idea
You sure you want more exposed Klingon rears...........?

Korthos
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-11-2010, 09:48 PM
15 voluntary matches on Federation side, versus 1500 that Klingons -must- complete in order to progress.

That should tell you that there are two fundamental differences between your playstyle and your opponent's:
-experience
-teamwork

Klingons are forced to PVP, which means most of them end up seeing the same names on their team. Communication (or lack of needing it) and synergy are therefore far more developed.

I play Federation and I have had my share of wins and losses, all attributable to experience and teamwork. If we win, it's because ours was better than our enemies', and vice versa.

The hard-and-fast rule of victory that I have experienced is, the winner is whichever side supports each other better.

The reason why it's such a shock to newcomers is that they are coming from the PVE solo mentality. Furthermore, facing a premade team of enemies creates a far steeper learning curve than is expected for most games.


In summary, I don't think it's fair to ask for nerfs or fixes to gameplay mechanics with such little experience under your belt.

However, I DO agree that something needs to change to even out the steep learning curve. I think we all agree that the best solution is to separate premade queues from individual queues, and to provide ranked bracket matching.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-11-2010, 09:55 PM
The skills you use in PVE are not going to help much in PVP unless you already use stuff like science team, and other resists like RSP.

I think a lot of Feds die because they go into PVP with their PVE BoFFs, where as Klingons can completely spec for PVP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I had the same experience but as a Klingon. Each new tier makes you adapt or die... This is especially true for Feds that split between pve and pvp. My only advice is to try out combos that would increase your survivability. Tank/dps or tank/healer or tank/crowd control. Emphasis on the tank. BoP's are universal, so same ship can be made into all of these... However only cruisers and science vessels can pull this off on fed side. Victory however always comes down to the team with more quantity/teamwork. As a Klingon I could easily say that the best Klingons could not take out the best Feds in cruisers and science vessels t2-t4... Then again this could just be my ignorant point of view.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
The skills you use in PVE are not going to help much in PVP unless you already use stuff like science team, and other resists like RSP.

I think a lot of Feds die because they go into PVP with their PVE BoFFs, where as Klingons can completely spec for PVP.
Really though, most of the skills that are best in PvP are also among the most effective choices for PvE. Reverse Shield Polarity, Extend Shields, Cannon Rapid Fire, Science/Engineering Team, etc. are all quite useful when doing PvE missions.

The issue as I see it is there is currently nothing challenging enough in this game's PvE to push players towards the more effective build and ability choices. You can slog through all the PvE in this game with a really inefficient build - and if you solo (like the game system almost seems to encourage players to do), you won't even have a basis for comparison to realize that your build is lacking.

Add that to the fact that player enemies generally react a lot smarter than NPCs, and going from PvE to PvP is understandably a bit of a shock.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 PM.