Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosaurer View Post
Really though, most of the skills that are best in PvP are also among the most effective choices for PvE. Reverse Shield Polarity, Extend Shields, Cannon Rapid Fire, Science/Engineering Team, etc. are all quite useful when doing PvE missions.

The issue as I see it is there is currently nothing challenging enough in this game's PvE to push players towards the more effective build and ability choices. You can slog through all the PvE in this game with a really inefficient build - and if you solo (like the game system almost seems to encourage players to do), you won't even have a basis for comparison to realize that your build is lacking.

Add that to the fact that player enemies generally react a lot smarter than NPCs, and going from PvE to PvP is understandably a bit of a shock.
Yeah I agree with what you're saying. I'm playing a Fed PVE character and I don't need stuff like RSP, I mean science team + emergency power to shields pretty much makes me god mode in PVE so I don't really need anything else besides HYT to take out the hull of cruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2010, 10:45 PM
It's all about team work. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference I've seen is fed gets better shields. I bought mark 4's on my fed and gave them to my klingon. The stat dropped 1.2k. I've played both sides and it depends on the experience of the people playing.

Oh, and I play an engineer with a BoP so I can stack a lot of damage resist. It usually helps me get away if needed. I have also been taken out while trying to cloak. So, it is pretty balanced to me. Just need experience and team work. Ask yourself to change tactics before asking cryptic to change the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XylemPhoenix
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only difference I've seen is fed gets better shields.
Well, at T4 Fed cruisers get significantly worse turn rates than the shielding can compensate... But that's another issue entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Klingons live it while most Feds dabble in it... Pvp that is.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanthegreat View Post
I have played today about 15 rounds in two different ships and it is WAY UNBALANCED. I can not win one round even with people staying together and are higher levels then the Klingon's, and still we can not get their shields down past half. But the Klingon's rip through our shields in 10 seconds. Cryptic why did you unbalance the PVP why not stick to what was in CO(the balance system that brought up the lower level people and handicapped the higher level people).
Level doesn't make a HUGE difference, as long as you're both in the same tier of shipa and both have apropriate equipment fitted for that tier. The higher level captain's skill points and maybe one extra ability are an edge, but not a decisive one.

Staying together isn't enough. If the klingons were focusing fire on one target at a time they can burn him down fast; if each fed was firing at a different target it takes MUCH longer to get a kill, assuming the klingons don't just go into battle cloak while they **** themselves laughing. Designate a team leader and all fire on his target, then on to the next one, instead of randomly hammering your space bar and TAB key. It's what the klingons have learned to do as it's the only way we stand a chance ehen you're all "staying together".
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Hate to tell you this, sci ships can't see through cloak worth a damn either. Sensor scan is laughably useless as a detection method. Just get in the fedball and focus a target when they jump you out of cloak.
********. sensor scan works fine.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 01:33 AM
The day the Feds abandon the FedBall is the day their tactics will start to work.

This wisdom will not be heeded and their tactics will not evolve.

Enjoy the show.

S*D
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2010, 02:03 AM
I think Ulfric + Xylem made it. I had to play much more than 15 PvP rounds to learn the best skilling + handling of my gameplay, before it now works acceptable for me. And what do you think, how often I cursed that fed spaceball fed up with healing and autofiring as soon as one of us decloakes. No way to break it...
And what do you think happens, if we break it? I dont give a **** about winning by capture + hold the winning-points, I really enjoy to bomb them out of space, if I have the possibilty before they can restructure their spaceball...
And it also happens to me that I cant beat a -8 engineer, coz his healing rate was such as high, that I have to leave him, before he + his incoming fed-ally bombs me out of space...
So you can see, both sides have their troubles.
My tip to you and it may be a little offense: buy 45 degree cannons + learn to fly + skill. And rename yourselve to Alanthesmall, until you've learned it...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
The day the Feds abandon the FedBall is the day their tactics will start to work.

This wisdom will not be heeded and their tactics will not evolve.

Enjoy the show.

S*D
Precisely this...

Klingons are geared to break up the ball and survive, even though many of us would love to use different setups, we are more or less forced to use specific setups/buffs/tactics to counter the ball.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2010, 02:32 AM
If we had any reliable method to detect through cloak, we might be able to try a strategy asides from the fedball.

As it is, we do not. And like it or not, fedball WORKS. It's an anti-cloak strategy, and kilnks all try and gank from cloak, so....

I mean, there is no reason not to 1) stick together, and with all the klinks cloaked and no way to find them, 2) there is no reason to move at all. So, you get a huge ball of fed ships circling until the klinks drop from cloak.

That's the way the game is designed, pure and simple. Feds whine about cloak because the only counter they have is fedball, and klinks whine about fedball because it's an effective counter to cloak. Enjoy the stale pvp.