Lt. Commander
I just bought STO.

I made my character, got into the game, and i can't move forward or backwards.

I can ROLL forward, but not run/walk/sprint, whatever.

I can't interact with anything either.

I have XP SP1

My keyboard isn't broken.

My computer isn't broken.

I don't have a virus.

I tried resetting the key binds, tried switching the key binds, tried running the game in windowed.

I've been in the game for 2 hours, and so far, i've rolled a total of 20 feet towards the first door.

I am not ammused
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 11:05 PM
you only have SP1?

try binding the movement to other keys.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 11:06 PM
BTW i'm not downloading the fail installer, it's downloading at .99 KBS. Not 99 KBS, POINT 99 KBS
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedComplex
BTW i'm not downloading the fail installer, it's downloading at .99 KBS. Not 99 KBS, POINT 99 KBS
Yes the Installer is fail, not your firewall or the 50 other things that could be wrong with your computer,

Plug in a different keyboard.

if that doesn't work reinstall
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Carter
Yes the Installer is fail, not your firewall or the 50 other things that could be wrong with your computer,

Plug in a different keyboard.

if that doesn't work reinstall
Yep, not my firewall cause i DON'T HAVE ONE ON.

And i've tried the other 2 things, i don't know how a different keyboard would effect me not being able to interact with objects
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Just roll on it'll be fine.

But no being serious here for a moment have you tried creating another character and seeing if you can function normally? - I'd guess you probably have.

I would also guess you've restarted your PC. It's a long shot in the dark but is your keyboard a Microsoft branded one? I once had a "Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro" which would do funny things to game controls unless I had the drivers installed, though only after I had alt tabbed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 11:54 PM
A firewall wouldn't selectively block movement anyway. Try this, in the chat window run "/forward 1" and see if you move at all. If so, its probably that the key presses aren't making it to the client.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Yep, not my firewall cause i DON'T HAVE ONE ON.

And i've tried the other 2 things, i don't know how a different keyboard would effect me not being able to interact with objects
you dont have a firewall?

well you are smart
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
A firewall wouldn't selectively block movement anyway. Try this, in the chat window run "/forward 1" and see if you move at all. If so, its probably that the key presses aren't making it to the client.
i was asking if they had a firewall on that would be limiting or blocking the loader not the keyboard
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
The downloader is using bittorrent, it can take a while to pick up as you connect to more peers.
Closed Thread