Lt. Commander
# 21
02-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
The downloader is using bittorrent, it can take a while to pick up as you connect to more peers.
See, that's just wrong. There are a lot of people, myself included, who have ISP's that block bittorrents.

If it's still there, use this. Still takes a while to download everything, but you should have better bandwidth. It's the patcher.
http://files.startrekonline.com/inst...line_setup.exe
Lt. Commander
# 22 Apply throttle
02-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Have you moved your throttle slider forward? Or hit your full impulse power key?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Jaxin
Have you moved your throttle slider forward? Or hit your full impulse power key?
He can't get to the ship part yet.

To the OP. But I would recommend maybe clicking on the safe mode option in the STO launcher options. Also make sure you go into options and reset any controls to default.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-12-2010, 08:33 AM
I'll try upgrading. thnx for replies
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-12-2010, 11:39 AM
First step to solving any problem with a PC game is always to make sure everything is up to date.

Service Packs, DirectX, Drivers (and when I say drivers, I mean all of them. Video card sure, but also sound, network, chipset, etc), everything.

I say this for two reasons: One, it's good sense. If the game is new it isn't so unreasonable to assume that the game will be making use of the newest software technology. Second, because Tech Support is not going to help you with anything until you do. They'll ask you, "Did you try updating your (whatever) drivers?" If you say "No", they'll say, "OK. Try updating your (whatever) drivers and see if that fixes it."

If you're going to attack Tech Support, best to do it with a fully loaded weapon. The weapon, in this case, being your computer.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedComplex
I have a firewall, i just don't have it on, genius
Yes i am a genius, but not for understanding the most BASIC parts of internet secruity but for my noble prize in EPIC WINZ

Therefore your point is mute

and i find it funny how you say you have no viruses with a 10 year old OS that has never been updated and no firewall.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Carter
... and i find it funny how you say you have no viruses with a 10 year old OS that has never been updated and no firewall.
That's because he only plugs it in when he is turned on; and right as he gets connected and about to send a packet he unplugs.

(of course we all know that doesn't protect from a virus, and occasionally your packets will still make it through)
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-03-2011, 08:24 AM
I also cannot move, and have previously played STO since launch and never had so ridiculous a bug. Typing /forward 1 and /forward1 runs me up against an invisible wall. Any workarounds CodeRanger?
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-03-2011, 09:07 AM
I changed Instances and became unstuck, weird.
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Seems like you've got it sorted.

If it happens again, try checking to see if you have any other controllers/input devices plugged in (gamepad, joystick, 3D mouse, etc...) and unplugging them.
Some game engines tend to accept input from any device it sees plugged in.
(I've had some games become unplayable when they insisted on using input from my 3D mouse...)
Closed Thread