Lt. Commander
So I get a MK VI console with + 15 or +20(can't remember) sensor probes. I go out with it unequipped scramble, then next opponent I equip and scramble, no difference from what I could tell, was a little rushed and forgot to check cooldown differences.

Sooo, what is increased? The ability scrambles the sensors, so really all I can see is it either decreasing the cooldown or making the duration longer. If neither of those are affected how does it benefit at all besides some bigger numbers?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I would also like a clear rundown of all the various 'abilities' and how much these ehnancements from consoles and skills are actually changing, and what they are doing for us. Clarification plz!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 02:00 AM
When in space open the powers tray, P key, and look at your powers. When you click one you'll see details on the right. Most powers will list 3 Captains skills that boost that power. The are the skills you spend your skill points and are also what's listed on the various consoles, deflector dishes etc.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Sensor probes is viral matrix and scramble sensors, if im not mistaken.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
When in space open the powers tray, P key, and look at your powers. When you click one you'll see details on the right. Most powers will list 3 Captains skills that boost that power. The are the skills you spend your skill points and are also what's listed on the various consoles, deflector dishes etc.
Thanks for the replies, yes I keep being told this, I see a sentence of what numbers it boosts but no real increase in real time.

Scramble Sensors ia what I tried it with Dalnar

I might just waste the badges and stack three of the same console, train viral matrix also and run some tests.

EDIT: Here is a great link that goes into detail concerning what console boosts what, but still no real time data concerning increases in charges, cooldown, duration or any effect.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=69011
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 09:13 AM
I was wondering the same thing with the ability jam sensors (? the one that stops them targetting you). I did notice the duration increasing until it hit 10 seconds at which point it seems to have capped out, so maybe they have limited max durations which going above a certain skill doesnt make any diff.