Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hey guys,
I'm having this major problem with the game. Its gotten to the point where its pretty much unplayable.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Cfor/sad.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Cfor/enis.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Cfor/bad2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/Cfor/bad.jpg

Here are my specs
Motherboard: Asus rampage formula
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium 32b
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs)
1000w power supply

This problem only started today.
Nothing has changed on my computer since yesterday and i was playing fine before this patch.
No, i did not download/update any drivers
No, nothing is overheating
Yes, i have tried tweaking with all the video settings - no luck

Yes, i have restarted my computer since the patch
Yes, i have the most current drivers for my video card and direct x are currently running perfectly
Yes, the other games i play on my computer run perfectly


If anybody could help me out that would be great!

PS please ignore the stuff on my right screen XD
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-12-2010, 12:10 AM
If any other 3d program works fine I'd say your STO files are corrupt somewhere. Hard to tell really since that looks like a card about to die. But you would notice it in other programs as well. If you have any games running a cryengine variant (crysis, farcry, ****, and a bunch of others) try running it to see if the engine files are bad. If no problems there ditch sto (regedit as well) and do a fresh install. Probably a good time to pick your drivers that run best on the game too.

-- one more thing. Most current drivers is usually not the best option. Have you tested others to see if any work better with sto? I've notice every time they patch the game the break my setup and I have to tweak for hours to get it back. Running fine on 195 drivers (SLI) then the graphics improvement patch hit during the beta and I felt like I was looking at pictures instead of a game. Screwed with it for hours then got the 196.21 (newest) - fixed the choppy framerate, and now my cursor doesn't work worth a crap. And alt tabing tricks my drivers to run in single card mode instead of sli. This has happened on a weekly basis with these patches, fix one thing break something else.

I'm using modded 196's right now as it is the only way I can get SLI to stay on and my cursor not go ape **** on me. Since your using that x2 card your problems might fall into the driver category. Check the ATI forums for your card and the best drivers for STO (or at least working ones lol).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaell View Post
If no problems there ditch sto (regedit as well) and do a fresh install. Probably a good time to pick your drivers that run best on the game too.
Ran the force verify in the launcher -> didnt fix the problem
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaell View Post
-- one more thing. Most current drivers is usually not the best option. Have you tested others to see if any work better with sto? I've notice every time they patch the game the break my setup and I have to tweak for hours to get it back. Running fine on 195 drivers (SLI) then the graphics improvement patch hit during the beta and I felt like I was looking at pictures instead of a game. Screwed with it for hours then got the 196.21 (newest) - fixed the choppy framerate, and now my cursor doesn't work worth a crap. And alt tabing tricks my drivers to run in single card mode instead of sli. This has happened on a weekly basis with these patches, fix one thing break something else.

I'm using modded 196's right now as it is the only way I can get SLI to stay on and my cursor not go ape **** on me. Since your using that x2 card your problems might fall into the driver category. Check the ATI forums for your card and the best drivers for STO (or at least working ones lol).
Like i said, STO was running fine yesterday...
It was something they put in that started screwing up my game =/

I'm really hoping that i will not have to down grade my drivers for one game
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Don't worry, a lot of people are having this issue, but noooo it's not related to STO...very very very annoying. For my first 30 days i have been able to play about 5 days i'm realy starting to think to cancel my subscription.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin77 View Post
Don't worry, a lot of people are having this issue, but noooo it's not related to STO...very very very annoying. For my first 30 days i have been able to play about 5 days i'm realy starting to think to cancel my subscription.
I hope for both our sakes that they fix this problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Sorry about reviving an ancient thread.

i am having the exact same graphic issues. have anyone found a solution?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 PM.