Lt. Commander
# 1 Friends Lists and Fleets
02-12-2010, 02:43 AM
I've hardly seen anything on these subjects and being a noob im wondeirng how you add people to your friends list, as this seems like a really over complicated way trying to grab 2 names just to add one person...is there a way just do a search for someones character only? having to have the @handle definitely doesn't seem to work that well i've tried to add several ppl and haven't been able to do it yet.

Im also wondering how you add people to your fleet? or even how to create one, as said before im a noob just trying to grasp some of the game mechanics right now, im too used to eve-online i guess... Once you have a buddy in your fleet, do you both do missions, or how does that work? do mission rewards get split?

thanks for any replies guys apreciate it
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Hi there, and welcome.

First, to add people to your Friends list, you must know their @handle. To add someone to your Friends list in-game, open your Social window (O key) and go to the Friends tab. Type the @handle in the text box at the bottom (e.g., type in @Matt_Dravis to add me). This will send a notification to that person, and they must accept it in order for you to see them in your Friends list.

Another way to add Friends in-game is to click on the name of a person in chat, then right-click the name, then select 'Add Friend' (or an option similar to that). You can also do this by right-clicking on a player character -- target them, right-click their target frame.

To search for someone, open the Social window (O key), go to the Search tab, and you will be presented with different fields to search: character name, handle, Fleet name.

Lastly, to create a Fleet you must (currently) first be the leader of a 5-player team. This means you must 'Invite to team' 4 other players. You can do this by right-clicking their name or character (as described above) and selecting 'Invite to team'. Once your team is full (i.e., 5 players including yourself), you must then visit the Fleet Ambassador NPC on Earth Spacedock, or the appropriate Fleet NPC on Qo'nos.

Once you have formed your fleet using that NPC, you will see the additional option to 'Invite to Fleet' whenever you right-click a player's name or character. You can similarly do this through the Fleet window (down-arrow next to your minimap; you can also keybind the Fleet window using the Key Binds game menu).

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 03:01 AM
that helps tremendosly, thanks very much apreciate the help, just hadn't seen much about the 2 topics in the forums so figured i would ask about them, thanks again!!

edit : so going by how you explained about the fleet stuff, you cant just have 2 player fleets? coz i was wanting more of just me and a friend roaming around rather then having 3 or 4 other players we dont know in the fleet
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakura_Horis
that helps tremendosly, thanks very much apreciate the help, just hadn't seen much about the 2 topics in the forums so figured i would ask about them, thanks again!!

edit : so going by how you explained about the fleet stuff, you cant just have 2 player fleets? coz i was wanting more of just me and a friend roaming around rather then having 3 or 4 other players we dont know in the fleet
No worries.

Regarding the Fleet size, you must start with 5 different players (including yourself).

I have not tested whether or not there is a minimum constraint of 5 different @handles (player accounts) -after- forming. You can certainly try by removing the 3 additional players from your Fleet.

On a separate but related note, in order to get your other characters into the Fleet, you must grant one of your Fleet members -- presumably your friend -- the invite power, and have them invite your characters in. (You must be logged on a character in order to be invited.)