Lt. Commander
# 1 Missing Admiral uniform
02-11-2010, 06:12 AM
When I got promoted to Rear Admiral I was expecting to get an Admiral's uniform, but that wasn't the case and it was a bit disappointing.

I guess that many of you that also got promoted to rear Admiral donít really care about that, but still I would like to get a uniform that fits my rank.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Rear Admiral is a joke rank. It's not even a real Admiral in the usual sense people think of Admirals in the context of Star Trek... You get the pip and a new ship. But if you want the special uniform, you'll have to start living behind a desk and pushing papers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
Rear Admiral is a joke rank. It's not even a real Admiral in the usual sense people think of Admirals in the context of Star Trek... You get the pip and a new ship. But if you want the special uniform, you'll have to start living behind a desk and pushing papers.
That would make some interesting endgame. Star Trek Online: Accounting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 07:32 AM
I agree, there needs to be an Admiral's uniform.........
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 07:45 AM
And what will happen when everyone is a Rear Admiral, i wont like to see everyone runing around in admiral's uniforms
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Well I don't think everyone will run around with an admiral's uniform so you shouldn't be to worried about that.

Rear admirals are not always people behind a desk, they just get the rank that then allows them to use ships fitting to their rank and they lead small fleets (One thing you won't se ingame) we are ad war ad the moment.

Well cryptic could always make it so you could buy the Admiral uniform from the cryptic store.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Not only would a uniform layout more appropriate to an admiral be nice... but the admiral pips (all but a single variation on a single top as far as I've seen) are graphically glitchy, and it would be nice if they'd fix them.

Both the single and double (unlocked at RA5, likely also as a glitch as you're still just a Rear Admiral and haven't increased in rank) have a sort of... tail... that comes off of them after you zoom out beyond a relatively close distance. It even shows on the character's paper doll. I know I'm not the only one seeing this as the other admirals on my friends list have made note of it too.

The only exception to this rule are the admiral pips on the TNG Movie uniform. The single pip is still glitchy (though in a different way as it seems to pop up as a giant metal "choker collar") while the double pip works fine apparently.