Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I was looking at the Feb 11th release notes and it has this change

"Made all repeatable Star Cluster missions have a 30 minute cooldown from start of mission instead of from turn in."

I'm use to waiting 30 minutes for the exploration mission cooldown AFTER turn in so I have a timer/alarm on my desk that I use. Tonight I was running the new "Explore the B'Tran Cluster" Exploration for Tier 5 badges. I was hoping that the cooldown was changed from turn in of 3/3 completion to the above. I timed starting the mission (1/3 and 3/3 missions btw) and also the 3/3 turn in.

What I found was the B'Tran Cluster exploration mission cooldown was based on the completion turn in as it was for the other Admiral level exploration missions.

Does ""Made all repeatable Star Cluster missions have a 30 minute cooldown from start of mission instead of from turn in." pertain to something other than Cluster explorations?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't know what you're experiencing, but I'm able to re-up the quest as soon as I turn it in, in a vast majority of cases.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I don't know what you're experiencing, but I'm able to re-up the quest as soon as I turn it in, in a vast majority of cases.
What specific missions are you referring to? Does this include the [RA 5] Exploration "Explore the B'Tran Cluster - Explore Systems (0/3) or something else?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
*shrug* did not know they changed it period, so used to waiting 30 min which is just another decent exploration patrol mission or two while i wait, farm that loot and bo pts while i am there anyway. usually by the 2nd mission with the old timer i could be at or near the end of it and call up take the next one and boom 1st patrol competed, or i could loiter around 5 minutes ot so til i could call it in.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
note to self, read the patch notes.

i was starting to wonder why sometimes i could get the mission again right away and other times i couldn't hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighscott
What specific missions are you referring to? Does this include the [RA 5] Exploration "Explore the B'Tran Cluster - Explore Systems (0/3) or something else?
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. I do my three, and 19 times out of 20, after I turn it in, it's there waiting for me again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. I do my three, and 19 times out of 20, after I turn it in, it's there waiting for me again.
OK ty, I will try it again from scratch and time the events again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Luck of the draw on what random mission plays a big part of how fast you can redo the mission.

if you get the quick scan 5 anomalies ones you can get stuck waiting on the 30 min cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasuba View Post
if you get the quick scan 5 anomalies ones you can get stuck waiting on the 30 min cooldown.
Yes, I got one of those on the first set of 3 and now on the second set of 3.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighscott
OK ty, I will try it again from scratch and time the events again.
Make sure you time it right. It will start after you zone in and read through the NPC stuff in the beginnning of the first one.