Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 02:15 AM
I need to see his psychic credentials seeing he thinks he can predict the future.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonphase View Post
You guys are completely missing the point, by a mile.

Previously, You could get said Cluster/Secure mission and repeat it constantly. Now you cannot.

Read my words carefully, and think about it.

If you have completed all your current missions and need to level up. You have to go repeat Cluster/Secure missions like always, but now you can only complete >> 1 << every 30 minutes for a small amount of XP, meaning if you need a considerably amount of XP in order to level, it will take you a significant amount of time to reach the next level, the higher level you are....
No my friend, it is you that miss the point, your argument is self contradictory.

If you complete all missions available to you at your rank, you will have already leveled up.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 02:17 AM
I played up to RA5. I was RA2 before the content patch.. The patch brought me up to RA4 in the 3/4 EXP, and then I did a patrol and was complete.

For the most case, I hardly had to do any 'defend missions' until high Captain levels. I did have an issue at commander rank 3-5 but that wasn't that BIG of a deal. I only had to do one defend mission on a normal basis to reach the next level at that time. My method was normally:

1. Do main missions
2. Do patrol
3. Explore or Defend once

And normally I was to the next level ready to do missions again. For the most case you have tons of options for you. If you do a main mission, the patrol mission, one explore nebula misson, and one defend mission, you should be well past the required EXP for the next level. Always do the highest defend or explore missions.

I completed RA5 in 3 days 9 hours total. Sure call me a 'powerleveler' or whatever you wish, but I hardly played to grind to RA5, I enjoyed the mission content, thats why I played, and had alot of time on my hands as you can see. I would even still do more missions despite not leveling if they give it out, I just love the storylines!

But I'm honestly not sure what your doing improperly that gives you tons of issuses at the low levels, I had no issues at that time. If a all honestly you need help I can always assist if you feel you need help with a mission or some sort of grinding, not sure how much that would help but I can offer! For the most case I do know there coming out with a big content patch at day 45.

I loved the patch to be honest. It solved alot of bugs and gave a few awesome missions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 02:19 AM
If you are needing to rely on repeatable Deep Space Encounter missions to level, you are doing it wrong. Never done any of them more than once.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:

Previously, You could get said Cluster/Secure mission and repeat it constantly. Now you cannot.

If you have completed all your current missions and need to level up. You have to go repeat Cluster/Secure missions like always, but now you can only complete >> 1 << every 30 minutes for a small amount of XP, meaning if you need a considerably amount of XP in order to level, it will take you a significant amount of time to reach the next level, the higher level you are....
You should specify that you only talk about the 3set missions from your contacts...if i want to go to a cluster and/or space combat, i can still do this at any time and get xp for the single mission!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Quote:

1) It'll not stop or slow the down gold farmers one single bit.

2) Trust me, there isn't enough missions to carry you over - It may seem like that in the early stages of the game, but as you progress deeper and higher, you'll quickly see my point.
No I will not see your point at all. All I see is some QQing over your inability to level as fast as you want.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 02:29 AM
So, like, I'm an Admiral and quests took me to Admiral 1 no problem.....have no clue what the hell you're talkin about.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2010, 02:31 AM
The level of idiocy on these boards make me want to sterilise myself for the sake of my unborn children.

If you are relying on repeatable deep space encounter missions to achieve anything, you are doing it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleriani View Post
For the most case, I hardly had to do any 'defend missions' until high Captain levels. I did have an issue at commander rank 3-5 but that wasn't that BIG of a deal. I only had to do one defend mission on a normal basis to reach the next level at that time. My method was normally:

1. Do main missions
2. Do patrol
3. Explore or Defend once
I've been a RA5 since last weekend, I have done all the missions I've done everything, including all the new content on my main character. Main missions do net you a decent amount of XP, but not enough to flat out level you up, same with patrols. In the early stages of the game, you could level up to a point by doing nothing but main missions and patrols, but without the cluster missions to back up your XP you will quickly run out of method to generate XP, that is where the cluster missions come into play.

If you cannot generate XP as even a steady pace, what are you going to do? I could run down every single mission and patrol XP reward and cross-check with the amount of XP needed per level to prove how many times you need to run these times of missions in order to level. Sure, LT and LTC the amount of XP needed to level, isn't so bad but once you hit higher levels, you'll notice the hurt without being able to run these missions constantly.

For people who play this game at a fast pace, not even just power levels. Its like an emergency brake being placed on them.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2010, 02:34 AM
The change can either have a big effect, or virtually no affect on your leveling, it just depends on how you go about it.

Instead of doing all your missions in a row, then being left with nothing but DSE's and explorations like you have been doing, mix and match.

Here's the real trick to leveling quickly while not having to sit in DSE's all day;

Alternate

Run a DSE, then run a Cluster Explore, then run a Patrol Sector. You're DSE timer is now up again, plus you've gotten some badges form the Cluster explore that will net you a nice piece of gear to keep you equipment current.

While everyone was screaming exploit over DSE's the first few days of release, as I was trying to explain that no reaching Admiral in 4 or 5 days didn't mean that, I probably never turned in a DSE more often than every 30 minutes past mid Lt. Commander. Commander + it was very rare for me to do more than one an hour. Patrol's and Cluster Explores are just as effective (minus the rare case of literally catching a 6/8 DSE, which is not nearly as common as people on the forums seem to think) and yeild better (and way more predictable gear rewards)

I made Admiral Wednesday the 3rd, after level 20, my ratio of quests was probably 40% Cluster Explores, 30% Patrol sector's, 20% DSE's, 10% Episode quests (Mainly for a reward I wanted). Being able to run current tier matching weapons etc from Cluster Explores will make up for any slight speed loss leveling you run across not doing straight DSE's. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were to see a speed increase from going this way. A lot of the Sector patrols or Cluster Explores are just as fast as a single DSE per zone, and give roughly 1/3 the SP 3 DSE' give.

Try it, you'll see.