Lt. Commander
# 21
02-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I'm RA 3 now and had little problems with the level process. Most of the time I had story or patrol missions to solve. But I always looked, that I only did the mission if they fit my level. If the missions where 1 or 2 levels above me, I just made 1 or 2 exploration missions or played a few rounds pvp.

You can combine that very well. That way you'll have pretty good equipment (exploration and pvp badge items as well as mission rewards).

XP is pretty balanced i think. Oh and just as an info. I haven't made a single deep space encounter mission with my character. I avoid them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-12-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonphase View Post
You heard me, I honestly predict in a month or maybe less people will start mass quitting because of today's patch.
You heard me, I honestly predict that your IQ is below avrage.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-12-2010, 02:36 AM
Oh there will be a mass exodus - but certainly not because of today's patch. It's just the normal ebb and flow of the MMO genre due to incomplete MMOs being pushed out the factory door when they haven't even learned how to walk.

Once the free month is over and people get over the "oh look I'm Picard lololol" factor, a large portion of the playerbase will go back to their old games with more content and better overall socializing features.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Ok...so..just a solution for all!

Do a rotation in different sektors

You see lots of systems...battle different enemies...and explore different clusters

afaik there are not only 2 repeatable missions in this game....
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-12-2010, 02:42 AM
LOl@joo

QQ cos im boring and i dont wanna do any other kind of mission and iwas exploiting the facct i could swich instances to find ones that are already under way

Try doing explorations missions the new pvp missions ect ect

or maybe even doing the DSE missions properly for eg in the 6mins between events grind some skill points by killing the spawns inside instead of trying to beat the intended system
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-12-2010, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yargnit View Post
The change can either have a big effect, or virtually no affect on your leveling, it just depends on how you go about it.

Instead of doing all your missions in a row, then being left with nothing but DSE's and explorations like you have been doing, mix and match.

Here's the real trick to leveling quickly while not having to sit in DSE's all day;

Alternate

Run a DSE, then run a Cluster Explore, then run a Patrol Sector. You're DSE timer is now up again, plus you've gotten some badges form the Cluster explore that will net you a nice piece of gear to keep you equipment current.

While everyone was screaming exploit over DSE's the first few days of release, as I was trying to explain that no reaching Admiral in 4 or 5 days didn't mean that, I probably never turned in a DSE more often than every 30 minutes past mid Lt. Commander. Commander + it was very rare for me to do more than one an hour. Patrol's and Cluster Explores are just as effective (minus the rare case of literally catching a 6/8 DSE, which is not nearly as common as people on the forums seem to think) and yeild better (and way more predictable gear rewards)

I made Admiral Wednesday the 3rd, after level 20, my ratio of quests was probably 40% Cluster Explores, 30% Patrol sector's, 20% DSE's, 10% Episode quests (Mainly for a reward I wanted). Being able to run current tier matching weapons etc from Cluster Explores will make up for any slight speed loss leveling you run across not doing straight DSE's. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were to see a speed increase from going this way. A lot of the Sector patrols or Cluster Explores are just as fast as a single DSE per zone, and give roughly 1/3 the SP 3 DSE' give.

Try it, you'll see.
Thank you for the once decent reply who has a clue. Like you mentioned, for a lot of players they might not see any change at all, maybe slightly. But for others, this is major change especially for hardcore players, like you said...we are forced to jump through hoops like, like a lamb being led to the proverbial slaughter as you will. What if I don't want to spend half the time, travelling around the galaxy hopping from Cluster to Exploration to Patrol to Mission to Cluster?

I think the problem is that people have wires crossed, some call the cluster missions the DSE's, others call the DSE's 'clusters', the main problem right now is with the DSE's being on timer now just like the exploration (clusters) mission. I guess time to re-iterate.

Cluster Missions = Exploration (Badges of Exploration) 30 minute timer
DSE = New patch added a timer (This is the issue)
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-12-2010, 02:44 AM
Don't know about the others, but to me, it does seem Cryptic is punishing the playerbase.

Doubt there will be a mass exodus runaway train of players.

First off, this is not ***, or any other "no name" but a truly and widely-popular franchise known as Star Trek .

But there WILL be some cancelling if changes like these to DSE or Level Progression hinder players. And each cancel is less money for Cryptic, even if its just a mere fifteen buckeroo$.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Wasnt it like this before patch:
get mission, kill wave 1, jump instance, kill wave 2, jump instance, kill wave 3, jump instance, complete mission,get mission, kill wave 1...jump..kill...jump..kill...etc etc

How many DSE's were one level ? 6 ? 7 ? could not count them..got bored after doing this 2 times..then i moved on..
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barschmeister_Sparki
Don't know about the others, but to me, it does seem Cryptic is punishing the playerbase.

Doubt there will be a mass exodus runaway train of players.

First off, this is not ***, or any other "no name" but a truly and widely-popular franchise known as Star Trek .

But there WILL be some cancelling if changes like these to DSE or Level Progression hinder players. And each cancel is less money for Cryptic, even if its just a mere fifteen buckeroo$.
Yeah, this is my point exactly. The DSE changes is whats making level progression brutal now, especially if you have completed most of your missions/patrols and your 'cluster' is on a cool down. I hate the fact that now you can only do one 'DSE' every X amount of minutes, it seriously impacts the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poldii
Wasnt it like this before patch:
get mission, kill wave 1, jump instance, kill wave 2, jump instance, kill wave 3, jump instance, complete mission,get mission, kill wave 1...jump..kill...jump..kill...etc etc

How many DSE's were one level ? 6 ? 7 ? could not count them..got bored after doing this 2 times..then i moved on..
Yes, before the patch. Now its, get mission, kill wave 1, jump instance, kill wave 2, jump instance, kill wave 3, complete mission, wait X amount of time to get mission.

For people who have to complete the DSE encounters in order to level, its a direct impact of level progression.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonphase View Post
You guys are completely missing the point, by a mile.

Previously, You could get said Cluster/Secure mission and repeat it constantly. Now you cannot.
You are completely wrong BY A MILE...

They SHORTENED the timer for the missions by making the 30 minute timer begin WHEN YOU PICK THE MISSION UP as opposed to WHEN YOU TURN IT IN.

There was always a timer on those missions. They actually made it so you can pick them up and by the time you are done you most likely can repeat them immediately unless you happen to get 3 very quick ones right in a row,