Lt. Commander
Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.

Technical Details: ./piggs/texture2.hogg:
Texture_Library/Environment/Character_Creation/Character_Platform_004_D.Wtex. Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.

OK...how do I deal with this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOmrksMAN View Post
Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.

Technical Details: ./piggs/texture2.hogg:
Texture_Library/Environment/Character_Creation/Character_Platform_004_D.Wtex. Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.

OK...how do I deal with this?
I would like to know too. It just started popping up in all of my ground missions. As soon as I engage in battle, the game crashes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix the issue.

Technical Details: ./piggs/texture3.hogg:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Turrets/Turret_Gnr_Turret_01_S.Wte
x: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Windows 7 (64-bit)
Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 Ghz
8GB Ram
2x Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitCloudkicker View Post
Fatal Error: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix the issue.

Technical Details: ./piggs/texture3.hogg:
Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Turrets/Turret_Gnr_Turret_01_S.Wte
x: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.
Delete texture3.hogg and let it patch the file back in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighscott
Delete texture3.hogg and let it patch the file back in.
Thanks for the tip. I will try that out tonight as soon as I get home from work.

T-minus 7 hours...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Im having the same problem, and it wont help with deleting the file, because next time there is another Hogg file that crashes. YAY, I just subscribed and can only play for 1 minute before it crashes when your about to make your first transport through beaming in the beginning. If anyone knows anything that helps, please write!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahuphoenix View Post
Im having the same problem, and it wont help with deleting the file, because next time there is another Hogg file that crashes. YAY, I just subscribed and can only play for 1 minute before it crashes when your about to make your first transport through beaming in the beginning. If anyone knows anything that helps, please write!
If it is a different Hogg file crashing than the first one deleted, you can continue on deleting and patching. Some had to do this to fix this.

I've read on the Champions forum that one guy was getting this problem and he ended up finding a bad stick of system RAM causing problems for him.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 10:50 AM
lol, for how long am Im going to do that? These Hogg files are about 500 - 1000 megabytes, and isnt something I can just sit with forever downloading again. But will it work after a while, or were you being ironic?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
lol, for how long am Im going to do that? These Hogg files are about 500 - 1000 megabytes, and isnt something I can just sit with forever downloading again. But will it work after a while, or were you being ironic?
You might have a hardware issue that is causing the problem (outside of STO).

I just built a new system for the wife and found two out of three new DDR3 memory kits had a bad 2GB stick in them. The third set passed testing fine and fixed crashes she was having in Windows 7. I also needed to correctly setup the memory to run correctly (1600 8-8-8-24 88 2 in my case).

http://www.memtest.org/
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Me and my brother built my computer 3 years ago, and it has been working fine since. The thing is that STO is telling me about drivers update, but I have checked and mine are up to date.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Me and my brother built my computer 3 years ago, and it has been working fine since. The thing is that STO is telling me about drivers update, but I have checked and mine are up to date.
Post up a current dxdiag including these sections
  • System Information
  • Display Devices
  • Sound Devices
  • System Devices

What brand, model, and wattage is your power supply (psu)?