Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Tired of the word "Bug"
02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
I have had it with hearing the word "bug". Al to many people are using it for everything they think is wrong, some witht he game and some with them.

I think we need to break it down to some categories.

"Mosquito": any anoyance that just keeps popping up, but down not really effect your game play all that mush. Just the occational swat.

"Tarantula": It looks scary, but just leave it alone and it wil go away.

"Ant": They come, they creep around, then take your stuff.

Any others???

Thank you for letting me waste your time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
I disagree with your definition of "tarantula". The correct one is "ZOMG GET RID OF IT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
I disagree with your definition of "tarantula". The correct one is "ZOMG GET RID OF IT NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!"
U-huh.

I once literally used a BB gun to get a spider off the ceiling.
No amount of force is too excessive when dealing with those disgusting creatures.

I like the 'Mosquito' part, alot of people do seem to go on and on about things that are essentially a minor annoyance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Actually, you don't need to make up words/definitions.

One of my favorites is "misfeature".

Quote:
misfeature: /mis�fee�chr/, /mis�fee`chr/, n.
[common] A feature that eventually causes lossage, possibly because it is not adequate for a new situation that has evolved. Since it results from a deliberate and properly implemented feature, a misfeature is not a bug. Nor is it a simple unforeseen side effect; the term implies that the feature in question was carefully planned, but its long-term consequences were not accurately or adequately predicted (which is quite different from not having thought ahead at all). A misfeature can be a particularly stubborn problem to resolve, because fixing it usually involves a substantial philosophical change to the structure of the system involved.

Many misfeatures (especially in user-interface design) arise because the designers/implementors mistake their personal tastes for laws of nature. Often a former feature becomes a misfeature because trade-offs were made whose parameters subsequently change (possibly only in the judgment of the implementors). “Well, yeah, it is kind of a misfeature that file names are limited to six characters, but the original implementors wanted to save directory space and we're stuck with it for now.”
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Tarantulas are just a nuisence-i got bit by a scorpion when i was over in the sandbox--now that freaking hurt.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
Actually, you don't need to make up words/definitions.

One of my favorites is "misfeature".
I think I may have just found a new signature. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Mosquitos can kill... With any number of diseases and stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw
Tarantulas are just a nuisence-i got bit by a scorpion when i was over in the sandbox--now that freaking hurt.
ARGH!

Scorpions in fact do not bite, but sting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motie
I have had it with hearing the word "bug". Al to many people are using it for everything they think is wrong, some witht he game and some with them.
So what your saying is that the word "bug" really bugs you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvisota
ARGH!

Scorpions in fact do not bite, but sting.
Well excuse me--i was not really interested at the time on wether it bit me or stung me--I pull my foot out of my combat boot and it was attached and i was slightly histerical--foot blew up like an elephants hoof for about 5 days and i was not a happy camper at the jamboriee.
But what you said makes sense he had me by the tail not the front of him.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 AM.