Lt. Commander
# 21
02-24-2010, 09:38 AM
UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS

To all who shall see these presents, greeting:
Know ye that, reposing special trust and confidence of the Patriotism, valor, fidelity and abilities of:
Genbrad
I do by, and with the consent of the Federation Council, appoint this officer a,
Brigadier General
In the Starfleet Marine Corps
To rank as such from the 1st day of Februrary, two thousand four hundred and nine.
This officer will therefore carefully and diligently discharge the duties of the office to which appointed by doing and performing all manner of things thereunto belonging.
And I do strictly charge and require all officers and personnel of lesser rank to render such obedience as is due of an officer of this grade and position. And this officer is to observe and follow orders and directions, as may be given by the President of the United Federation of Planets, or other superior officers acting in accordance with the laws governing the United Federation of Planets.
This commission is to continue in force during the pleasure of the President of the United Federation of Planets under the provisions of those public laws relating to officers of the United Federation of Planets and the component thereof in which this commission was made.
Done at the System of Sol, this 1st day of Februrary in the year two thousand four hundred and nine, and the continued success of the United Federation of Planets.
BY THE PRESIDENT:

Thomas A. McHale
Aennik Okeg
General, Commander, AMOC
President, United Federation of Planets
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Drop and give me 20
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2010, 12:04 PM
AURORA MARINE OPERATIONS COMMAND

Why are Starfleet Marines considered among the galaxy's premier warriors? Why? What puts the Marine Corps above the rest? Other military services have rigorous training and weapons of equal or greater lethality. So, why do Starfleet Marines stand head and shoulders above the crowd?

The truth lies in the individual Marine. He (or she) did not join the Marines. Roughly 40,000 try each year. Those who survive the crucible of Marine boot camp have been sculpted in mind and body. They have become Marines.

Once he has earned the title and entered the Brotherhood of Marines, a new warrior must draw upon the legacy of his Corps. Therein lies his strength. In return, the strength of the Corps lies in the individual Marine. The character of these warriors is defined by the three constant Corps Values: honor, courage, and commitment.

Honor: Honor requires each Marine to exemplify the ultimate standard in ethical and moral conduct. Honor is many things; honor requires many things. A Marine must never lie, never cheat, never steal, but that is not enough. Much more is required. Each Marine must cling to an uncompromising code of personal integrity, accountable for his actions and holding others accountable for theirs. And, above all, honor mandates that a Marine never sully the reputation of his Corps.

Courage: Simply stated, courage is honor in action -- and more. Courage is moral strength, the will to heed the inner voice of conscience, the will to do what is right regardless of the conduct of others. It is mental discipline, an adherence to a higher standard. Courage means willingness to take a stand for what is right in spite of adverse consequences. This courage, throughout the history of the Corps, has sustained Marines during the chaos, perils, and hardships of combat. And each day, it enables each Marine to look in the mirror -- and smile.

Commitment: Total dedication to Corps and Federation. Gung-ho Marine teamwork. All for one, one for all. By whatever name or cliche, commitment is a combination of (1) selfless determination and (2) a relentless dedication to excellence. Marines never give up, never give in, never willingly accept second best. Excellence is always the goal. And, when their active duty days are over, Marines remain reserve Marines, retired Marines, or Marine veterans. There is no such thing as an ex-Marine or former-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Commitment never dies.

The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine. They are the foundation of his Corps. These three values, handed down from generation to generation, have made the Marines the Warrior Elite. The Starfleet Marine Corps: the most respected and revered fighting force in the Federation.

Do you think you have what it takes?
Can you seperate yourself from the crowd?

The Few. The Proud. The Marines.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey people. Get involved.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-25-2010, 06:24 AM
OORAH-

Marines and historians have determined the true origins of "Oorah" lie with recon Marines stationed in Korea in 1953. During this time, reconnaissance Marines in the 1st Amphibious Reconnaissance Co., found themselves traveling via submarine to where they were needed. The memorable call of "dive, dive!" would be called on the intercom and a klaxon alarm, which made a very distinct "Aarugha" sound, would announce the descent of the sub below water.

The recon Marines, who heard this sound often, started using it as a motivational tool during runs and physical training. Over time, the word "Aarugha" came to be too much of a mouthful, and eventually molded itself into the familiar "Oorah," according to Maj. Gary Marte, a retired Marine.

IIt has been used as a replacement for "Aye, Aye," as a greeting, and to announce the presence of Marines, such as when the Corps is mentioned to a mixed audience. To further demonstrate the indefatigable utility of OO-RAH, here is a compiled a top 10 list of possible meanings:

-I am a Marine.
-I enthusiastically accept your message.
-I am excited to be here.
-Pleased to make your acquaintance.
-What you ask of me, not only will I do, I will do in a manner befitting a Marine.
-I expect good things out of you.
-Good job.
-I am not supposed to be motivated about performing this task, but I will force myself to express excitement for the benefit of my fellow Marines and to tactfully annoy my superiors who gave me the task.
-I love being a Marine.
-I am about to destroy something.
# 26
02-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Are we getting many hit's on this in game?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Recruiting for the SFMC is a tough deal to begin with...

A) its non-cannon... so anyone who is by the book, literal with Star Trek isn't going to buy into this....
Even though its 100% feesible. Starfleet= Navy.... Marine Corps = Dept of the Navy... I mean, do we really expect Starfleet to fight the ground wars? Not every war takes place in space.

B) Its a RP idea.... so if you're not into RP... then you're not going to buy into this. It takes a special breed of RPer, to want to be a Starfleet Marine.

And I'm ok with the small number of hits we get for this.... It helps maintain the image of "The Few, and Proud"

if we were huge, we'd just be Starfleet. The SFMC is the Elite of the Elite for Starfleet. We are the hardcore- ground fighting experts...
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-25-2010, 10:51 AM
General McHale: Yes, Enlist into AMOC..... We have punch and pie.

Colonel Winters: General McHale, we don't have punch a......

General McHale: I'm aware of this, but more people will check us out if they think we have punch and pie.

General Crosse: **with a mouthfull** These are excellent brownies Sir....

General McHale: Brownies??? *facepalm* Tell me you didn't get those from Jacorp.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-26-2010, 06:39 AM
End of Event Briefing - THURSDAY:

Well, the Fleet set out on a mission and it was a success - on many fronts.

1) We gathered approx. 20 fleet members together in Club47 (a first time for so many)
2) We engaged the Crystalline Entity (a 1st mass AF event)
3) We defeated the Crystalline Entity (need I say more?)
4) Guynemer discovered Crystal Fragments love the taste of french food.

And most importantly....

The Marines combined to do the most damage! OORAH
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-26-2010, 10:00 AM
There are those who dedicate themselves...
To a sense, of Honor.
To a life, of Courage, and a Commitment to something greater than themselves.
They have always defended this Federation, and each other.
They still do, because across the universe there are a select few...
Who, at their very core... are capable, of incredible transformation.
Under the most grueling conditions...
They are Shaped...
Hardened...
Sharpened...
Ready, to stand among the most elite of all warriors...

The Few. The Proud. The Marines

Do you have what it takes?

... Enlist today...