Lt. Commander
# 1 Energy Weapons?
02-12-2010, 04:53 AM
I was trying to plan out my tier 5 BoP... and Have a hard time choosing between Proton and Anti Polaron Cannons. I was going to go with two of each (Dual Heavy), and one Tetryon up front. Not sure if this is the best mix for PvP...

I was thinking Proton to drain all power from a ships subsystems, but the extra crit damage from Anti-Polaron weapons sounds like it'd be good too.

Not sure what type of energy to put on my turrets in back?

I like the Proc shield damage that Tetryon energy gives. Not sure if this would be a good set up... so how does it sound?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 05:03 AM
a 2.5% chance to take 80 hitpoints from each shiled facing is not nice considering how often these procs activate

i supose the disrupter one is ok but you probbly wont notice it

if someone has an eps console they wont even notice poleron on the odd chance u get it

but to each his own i guess
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 05:06 AM
I just wasn't sure about Polaron Weapons... haven't played with them yet. Are Anti Proton weapons any good with the exrta crit? Or should I just stay with disruptors lol?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 05:22 AM
personaly i use pahsers as they have in my opinion the best bonus. not sure how long the disruptor debuff lasts for
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 05:23 AM
antiprotons got a new advantage: the daily quest rewards only give you antiproton weapons (purples)

but skillpoints at general are rare (at the moment), so you won't be able to max their stats out, or you loose other nice stats.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
antiprotons got a new advantage: the daily quest rewards only give you antiproton weapons (purples)

but skillpoints at general are rare (at the moment), so you won't be able to max their stats out, or you loose other nice stats.
Anyone got screenshots of the new rewards along with a price list?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Ok... so they probably will update Anti Proton Skills in some update. Too bad they don't have um now!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illililili
Anyone got screenshots of the new rewards along with a price list?
Anyone can access the console at ganalda space station, behind the big holographic ship (shipyard, middle platform)

Weapons cost 7 honor-marks each, you get 5 per quest. Other equip got other prices, just look it up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I find disruptors to be the best weapons all around for 2 reasons.

First, Disruptors and Phasers are the cheapest skill-wise to max out damage potential, and since all energy weapons do the exact same amount of damage, it makes the most sense from a skill cost point of view.

Second, you can buy disruptor dual heavy cannons and disruptor turrets at any level for energy credits as well as explore/pvp badges. Meaning you can grab Mark 10s the second you hit admiral then replace the white mark 10s with green mark tens in just a few hours of gameplay afterwards.

All secondary effect procs seem worthless to me. Debuff procs like phaser and disruptor don't last long enough nor proc often enough. Tetryon and Polaron procs are completely worthless for reasons I shouldn't have to explain to anyone who has an understanding of math past the 5th grade level.

Since greens and blues tend to do the same damage as their white quality counterparts, and are only seperated by extra "fluff" like slightly higher crit chance or crit severity or accuracy, I highly doubt anti-proton weapons will be worth it even at epic quality. You also have to consider at tier 5 you can't even max out two skills. Not even two. Thanks cryptic for the ridiculous skill cap you lied to us about once again. You can also buy as many +Disruptor tactical consoles as you want through emblems.

So with the tactical consoles and maxxed skills, disruptors will deal far superior damage to anti-protons since you won't have acces to anti-proton tactical consoles easily and the fact if you max anti-proton weapon skill you'll be gimping all the other admiral level skills.

SO personally, disruptors for life.