Lt. Commander
rather than clicking continuously on an item, why not have a slider for however many you want? 10 items=30 clicks, 2 for the item and one for OK. it's nuts. 30 shield chargers, gotta spread some around to my BOs, is 90 clicks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 03:52 AM
how can anyone not want this?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 03:56 AM
I think what you're meaning is the Shift+Click or Alt+Click functionality in vendors that almost every other MMO has.

Where shift or alt clicking an item in a vendors window lets you buy x number of items (chosen through a text box or a slider)

Yes, I want this. I also want an easier way of doing the Aid the Planet missions (Such as trading ships in the exploration sectors, or a small starbase selling commodities and perhaps that level exploration rewards)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 03:56 AM
yeah its funny how such basic things are forgotten by the developers XD
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canazza View Post
I think what you're meaning is the Shift+Click or Alt+Click functionality in vendors that almost every other MMO has.

Where shift or alt clicking an item in a vendors window lets you buy x number of items (chosen through a text box or a slider)

Yes, I want this. I also want an easier way of doing the Aid the Planet missions (Such as trading ships in the exploration sectors, or a small starbase selling commodities and perhaps that level exploration rewards)
no no, the inventory replicator, but i suppose that to. a double click to activate what you want and one for OK. that's 3 clicks nad they all add up to maybe a worn out mouse button
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 04:10 AM
yeah i'd like this adding too, can be a pain for buying commodities, especially for a mission at DS9 which requires alot of them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
no no, the inventory replicator, but i suppose that to. a double click to activate what you want and one for OK. that's 3 clicks nad they all add up to maybe a worn out mouse button
If I recall correctly, double clicking is in, but it just buys one item.
One thing to remember that the difference in timing between single and double clicks in order to create different mouse functionality can be cumbersome because some people may not have the dexterity for it. Therefore, its often best to provide interface functionality AND "keyboard shortcuts".

Therefore, I would personally go with just having 2 separate buttons on each page of the replicator interface:

For the BUY page you would have "Buy" and "Buy 5" buttons.
For the SELL page, you wound have "Sell" and "Sell All" buttons. When the "Sell All" button is clicked, the user is prompted for confirmation (just in case they clicked the wrong button).

Obviously, if someone clicks "Sell" (rather than "Sell All") on a stack of items, then the interface still prompts them for a specific quantity, just as it does now.

Lastly, "Keyboard shortcuts" could also work as alternatives to pressing the buttons: Ctrl + double left click on the Buy page could invoke the same functionality as the "Buy 5" button. And Ctrl + double left on the Sell page could invoke the "Sell All" button functionality.

All of this functionality could be common with all vendors, not just the replicator. Its more user-friendly to have a common, yet functional and intuitive interface.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 05:31 AM
If you mark an item, hold down CTRL and then press the buy button you wont be prompted with the "ok" window.

I would like a slider too, but when buying 160 provisions for DS9 it saved me allot of clicks by holding down CTRL atleast
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 05:34 AM
You can save SOME of those clicks right now, CTRL-click will skip the "are you sure" prompt and just buy the thing.

Quote:

This this thisthisthis!!!!!!

All they need to do is put commoditied in the replicator. How many times did you see the Entprise stumble across some planet ho was like "halp us, we needz foodz!" and Picard went "Very well, give us a few days to fly to the nearest starbase and buy some." No, he just called down to Geordie and said "Commander Laforge, we require 10 units of provisions, make it so!" and Geordie would replicate up some PB&J for the colony.

So frustrating trying to do those missions when it should be so simple.