Lt. Commander
Hi all

Just wanted to post that Klingon side active player amount has gone down a lot.

I had like 40 names in my Friend list and now only 8 active. My fleet had 15 active now only 5.

Klingon side needs a lot of love and fast, i mean we are loosing players extreamly fast.

Also it can be seen in the homeworld, there is more NPCs then players...

/Bloodlance
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 07:28 AM
So any plans to give more love to Klingons , i personally could think a lot of different things but just would be interested if there is anything in the developement table.

Like i know that Klingon side is PvP , yea i get that (almost T5). But cmon ... look what we have atm, we really need something else then dailys (dailys are nice as long as the mission works). But apart from that...

Like we have Honor, how about 1vs1 Klingon matches where cloak will fail 2min into the fight automatically and then its BANG BANG and the survivor gets Honor reward and the loser only 20% of the amount. (its like experience).

And that honor (all honor) can be used to buy Special looking ships from T5, like really good looking. And perhaps even be able to purchase a random epic BOff ... and then its just luck if you get a good one.

thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 08:34 AM
The whole pvp system is fail, I play with a rl friend and he is optimistic, I on the other hand think this game will be dead once the free month is up. The only people who I see staying are the feds who never pvp.

It truly amazes me that the genre is well into its 2nd decade and every new mmo still fails at creating a pvp experience with some longevity.

It doesn't even matter who wins in STO, the only people you are really competing against are your own side to try and get the 33 points for top damage...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Actually 5v5 DM Cracked planetoid is the most fun ive had ever in an "mmo" or game.

As long as you play with a good team vs other premade.

Its really rewarding, i mean a lot.

( T2 => T5 ) the further you get the more pleasure you get.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 08:41 AM
There is confirmation from players that EXP gain from Kdf PvP has been nerfed in some tiers (maby in all) and Federation exp has not been touched it is the same gain.

This is alarming, as Kdf is the faction that needs love, not Federation.

At this rate Kdf faction will be unplayable and with 0 fun in almost every other aspect then doing premades in 5v5 team. And the final blow to out faction will be delivered if Federation gets some amazing purple loots from x source and Kdf are denied access. Thus meaning it balances PvP to federation favour in endgame.

This is amazing and my personal reasoning starts to go towards the fact that Klingons are here only to be fodder for the Federation masses.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
Actually 5v5 DM Cracked planetoid is the most fun ive had ever in an "mmo" or game.
Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed this past couple of weeks, been laughing out loud on voice com a lot, but this system has no reason to keep playing it and will become deserted due to that. And there is no pvp unless there is someone to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
And there is no pvp unless there is someone to fight.
As soon as FvF is implemented there will be no one to fight, they wont queue for FvK. FvF= the cloakless symmetrical PVP Feds have been clamoring for.

KDF will only have the even more boring KvK.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
As soon as FvF is implemented there will be no one to fight, they wont queue for FvK. FvF= the cloakless symmetrical PVP Feds have been clamoring for.

KDF will only have the even more boring KvK.
Ah improving on fail by implementing another level of fail, I'm sure that will work well for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they neuter the rewards given when it comes to FvF combat. That way, if the Feds really want the juicy rewards they will still have to fight us!

On another note, the Devs HAVE announced that there will be a bunch of klingon content in the first 'major' patch that is apparently due out in @a months time. I know, I know, a month may seem like forever to the ADHD MMO crowd but it will come faster than you think and the Klingons SHOULD be a much more satisfying gaming experience.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius_Raeder

On another note, the Devs HAVE announced that there will be a bunch of klingon content in the first 'major' patch that is apparently due out in @a months time. I know, I know, a month may seem like forever to the ADHD MMO crowd but it will come faster than you think and the Klingons SHOULD be a much more satisfying gaming experience.
We have been hearing that since beta and many of /sarcasm on/ are tired of holding our breath /sarcasm off/ I did finally hear that they are testing some klingon 5 man raids right now from a dev in a post I made about this very topic of no Content.