Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP needs a ranking system
02-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Yeah I know MMO's and ranking system don't exactly have a good track record but in order to keep combat fun and interesting its a bit of a gaping hole at the moment

Hand up how many people have won 15 / 0 only to lose 0 / 15 in the very next match. surely your own skill didn't change that much between fights, but the skill of your team did. as good as you are or think you are no one can win a 5v1 situation nor can anyone claim skill from being part of the 5 killing the 1.

We could really use some kind of ranking system where maybe even somthing as simple as win/loss within last 7 days ranks us accordingly and tries to match people into similiar skill level fights.

I don't know about you but I'd much rather lose 14/15 than win 15/0

this also applies for capture missions, 1200 / 0 is also just as boring.

heh even writting this I shudder at how horriblely somthing like this could be implmented so understand I don't post about it lightly
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 11:12 PM
No, we don't need to stroke people's egos.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
No, we don't need to stroke people's egos.
its not about ego its about matching people of similar skill to make combat even and fun
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 11:52 PM
actually i agree with this idea.

i only pvp occasionally. but a ranking system will tend to give pvp some sort of purpose and competition appeal. as pvp in this game is set up as more of a competition.
but besides individual rankings. there should also be faction rankings so we know which side is doing better. this may encourage pvp as people will fight for the pride of being a federation officer or to die with with honor in combat . a Klingon's true death. plus might help in keeping the pvp player subscribed to the game
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 11:57 PM
agreed

It also needs a helluva better q system
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobieone
actually i agree with this idea.

i only pvp occasionally. but a ranking system will tend to give pvp some sort of purpose and competition appeal. as pvp in this game is set up as more of a competition.
but besides individual rankings. there should also be faction rankings so we know which side is doing better. this may encourage pvp as people will fight for the pride of being a federation officer or to die with with honor in combat . a Klingon's true death. plus might help in keeping the pvp player subscribed to the game
at the core as long as equally skilled players get put togeterh for the msot part then your welcome to flesh it out, but the core must be about getting the right mix of players together.

the player don't even need to all be the same rrank so long as its even e.g. 1 rank 1 on each team 3 rank 2's on each team and 1 rank 4 on each. so long as its vauge even theres a good chance of having a fun battle

(the second comment is made bceuase its not awlays possible to have completely even teams during low pop times)

on a side note the new PvP system showing no of feds n K's in each is a good step to improving PvP as a whole