Lt. Commander
# 1 Aid supply missions
02-12-2010, 06:56 AM
If i do aid supply missions do i have to carry say medical supplies on me before heading out? and what happens if i don't have that many medical supplies?.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 07:04 AM
I think you can leave and come back with the supplies, but not 100% sure. I just drop those missions and grab a new one myself.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Froboz
I think you can leave and come back with the supplies, but not 100% sure. I just drop those missions and grab a new one myself.
Yes you can just warp out after talking to the planet, hoof it over to another sector, find a trader to buy the items that you need, hoof it back to the exploration sector, find another system so you can "continue" the mission.

OR

You can just warp out and find a new mission

The latter is the better method imo
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 07:10 AM
You do not gain sufficiant XP for relief missions, If i get into one i just leave the mission immidietly
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 07:13 AM
You can leave and get the supplies. When you return you will have the option of continuing the mission. I haven't done any of the 'Aid the Planet' missions since open beta, but they were bugged then and nothing would happen when you clicked to deliver the supplies. No idea if this has been fixed yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocNeutron
If i do aid supply missions do i have to carry say medical supplies on me before heading out? and what happens if i don't have that many medical supplies?.

No, you do not have to carry the supplies with you. They can be in the bank. If you don't have the supplies at the time you can leave the system, find a cargo ship and get them and return. The continue screen will pop up and you can complete the mission. And they are currently working. It's a simple mission and gives a break from the tiresome patrol missions.

After all you're in Starfleet, you're supposed to help other planets.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShroud View Post
No, you do not have to carry the supplies with you. They can be in the bank. If you don't have the supplies at the time you can leave the system, find a cargo ship and get them and return. The continue screen will pop up and you can complete the mission. And they are currently working. It's a simple mission and gives a break from the tiresome patrol missions.

After all you're in Starfleet, you're supposed to help other planets.
I like the idea of the missions. The gameplay of them leaves a lot to be desired. I read yesterday they are going to be reworking them. I'm glad to hear that. The idea of hleping out planets with supplies is a good one but the way it currently works just doesn't work for me. The reward would have to be a lot higher to justify going out of system and coming back. And carrying all that stuff around all the time just limits the loot space I have.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm a newb so at currnet time they cost to much to do. Will not do again.

They need more of a reward.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujolink View Post
I'm a newb so at currnet time they cost to much to do. Will not do again.

They need more of a reward.
LOL awesome response.... cost too much? LOL
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
LOL awesome response.... cost too much? LOL
Actually...I agree with him/her.

Costs 1000 creds for most...some can cost up to 4000. And that's not even counting the DS9 Temple Offerings...where you have to buy 160 Provisions to get 16 entertainment provisions, then then another 60 of something else that eludes me at posting to get the self sealing stem bolts

I hate spending money on money sinks.

Money also isn't as easy to come by for some people, especially if they haven't really played that long.