Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground PvP needs an overhaul
02-10-2010, 01:53 AM
In a ground pvp match, once one side groups together, the match is pretty much over. The group roams the map and tears up players who spawn randomly away from their team mates. Players respawning get exposed / exploited and vaporized quickly, and offer little resistance. I've been on the winning side and the losing side. This free roaming pvp system usually ends when the losing team's players quit that match out of frustration. I have 2 solutions that could fix this,

(A) Team Elimination: Entire team spawns at once in one location, and respawns only when all team members are dead (or opposites team is completely wiped out).

(B) Basic Forts: Basically 2fort for lack of a better term. Each faction gets their own 'base' complete with defense turrets and team owned spawn points.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2010, 03:10 AM
solution 3:

l2pvp. if you know your spawn spot is gonna be close to a hostile group, consider waiting about 5 secs to spawn. call out to whatever klingons are on the map and tell them to focus on getting regrouped. don't braveheart......you will die.

I agree i do think the spawn needs to be fixed but for now it is what it is and we have to deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 10:31 AM
This is what I actually feel needs to happen in ground pvp otherwise it could become stale and people simply wont bother:

1. Exposes to lose there "hold" effect, at the moment its far too easy to walk up to someone and spam melee until they get stuck in expose and kill them in one sniper shot, at least give the person a fighting chance to move out of the way.

2. Holds, drastically toned down or outright removed, we have weapon malfunctions, roots + snares, knockbacks and fragile CC holds, sitting duck holds have NO place in pvp and will just get abused over and over again making ground pvp stale up rather quickly.

3. Universal weapon special cooldown, you know something, I could not care less if you dont like it, but carrying 2 expose weapons and 2 sniper rifles, being able to macro them and cycle through the specials like ive seen some people do is just stupid, this is supposed to be a team game, not Rambo Online.

4. 30 second grace before the round starts, easy to implement and would get rid of the spawn camping that goes on at the beginning of a new map.

5. Melee spamming to lose its ability to trigger expose, meleeing is supposed to be for bypassing the personal shield or creating distance, not proccing expose, definatley needs fixing.

With those things done I'd be much happier with ground pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecstrk View Post
solution 3:

l2pvp. if you know your spawn spot is gonna be close to a hostile group, consider waiting about 5 secs to spawn. call out to whatever klingons are on the map and tell them to focus on getting regrouped. don't braveheart......you will die.

I agree i do think the spawn needs to be fixed but for now it is what it is and we have to deal with it.
I seem to be saying this more often than I would like but...you are an idiot.

Feel free to go braveheart all you want. If you are good you will win if you suck you will die. Simple. I am god on ground matches and I can definately say that ground combat needs a huge overhaul as the mechanics suck. Maps are boring and tedious with no real objective, configuration of maps are stale with no 3D elements - just straight paths towards your opponent, radar to see everyone is just dumb, spawns are ****ed and there is no spawn protection, holds are OP and expose is too easy to get and does WAY too much damage, the amount of kills is too much, etc, etc. There is more but, from a general standpoint these are some of the big issues that have been brought up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecstrk View Post
l2pvp. if you know your spawn spot is gonna be close to a hostile group, consider waiting about 5 secs to spawn.
If the spawn point is random how do you know you will spawn close to a hostile group? L2think
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
They could also do like Team Fortress and spawn you in a secure room. Enemies can camp the room exit but they can't actually gank you the second you spawn in.

Or they could make bigger/twistier maps like most FPSs so that while you spawn randomly, there are enough possible spawn spots that it's unlikely yours will be within sight of anyone.

Or they could do more objective based games like Planetside where you can actually destroy the enemy spawn location and this is a better idea than trying to camp it.

Really, the designer in charge of PvP needs to go play some other competitive games. It's not a hard problem to solve.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 12:47 PM
What about a combination of a secure room, and random spawn points. That way you are protected when you respawn. Step on a transporter and get zapped to a random area in the map. Or just step through the front door for a predetermined location.

Having maps be more twisty devalues abilities that have a wind up period. Many times already a power is in mid windup, the enemy steps around a corner and the ability fires, yet nothing happens and you get a cool down.

Also, a 3 second immunity timer where you cant be hurt unless you attack first would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2010, 01:22 PM
When I hit level 6 I signed up for ground pvp.

Then I never did it again.

It needs to be totally rebuilt from the ground up , and honestly I would rather they spend the time working on space pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
agree, the ground pvp is pretty much lame ass boring and imbalanced, you are either losing 40-0x or winning 40-0x most of the time. should either be round-based like CS or something else to actually set up a challenging match.

ps: holds should break on damage.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Agree with original post and point 2