Ensign
# 991
07-20-2014, 06:39 AM
Having tried the "old" and "new" crafting systems.. I'd have to say the "new" one is a huge disappointment. It's horribly unclear where to get materials (apparently now the only way to get mats is to mission grind or use duty missions?) ...
You have no way of knowing where to go to get the best chance of the materials you are specifically looking for (another fail)...
It was never explained how to convert the "old" items to new materials (thanks to the community for finding that out.. but it should have been made clear from the outset)
New material graphics are nice.. but the rest of the system is so annoying that .. "meh" ...
From first glance it really does seem like this "ahem" update is a backwards step and one specifically designed to push players into buying more crafting packs for Zen to get things going..

Not terribly impressed at all......
Ensign
# 992 Qo'nos?
07-20-2014, 08:44 AM
The new crafting system is nice that you can use your doffs for this.. (although I got to get used to the bad layout)
but right now a big part of Qo'nos first city has kinda become useless. not even thinking about the Alpha system.

hope to see something that fix these gaps soon.
Republic Veteran
# 993
07-21-2014, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigamortiss View Post
Having tried the "old" and "new" crafting systems.. I'd have to say the "new" one is a huge disappointment. It's horribly unclear where to get materials (apparently now the only way to get mats is to mission grind or use duty missions?) ...
You have no way of knowing where to go to get the best chance of the materials you are specifically looking for (another fail)...
It was never explained how to convert the "old" items to new materials (thanks to the community for finding that out.. but it should have been made clear from the outset)
New material graphics are nice.. but the rest of the system is so annoying that .. "meh" ...
From first glance it really does seem like this "ahem" update is a backwards step and one specifically designed to push players into buying more crafting packs for Zen to get things going..

Not terribly impressed at all......
This is actually the 3rd crafting system and is even more painful than the original system.

They do not even give some sort of credit if you had maxed out skill (1650) in the 2nd iteration of the crafting system. This is annoying. Especially since I could make Aegis for my up and coming characters and now I no longer can.

I can only assume seeing the 'impatient finish now with DL' button, combined with the increasing time-to-finish (and increasing in DL) as you rank up, that this 3rd iteration of a crafting system was built around "How do we get more money from players". I can only also assume this was a push from the PWE overlords and not necessarily the planners at Cryptic.

Right off the bat this 3rd system is extremely handicapped.
www.RIHANNSU.org
Romulan Language Institute

D'Galan - Tal'Diann - khre'Enriov - Engineer

Last edited by umiharayuu; 07-21-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Captain
# 994
07-21-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't like the new DOff/crafting UI. It took a well designed UI that players liked and turned it into something that significantly degraded the original. You have more clicks to add DOff's to missions, you have a massive window that is incredibly intrusive to multitasking, and it takes almost twice the time to queue up a single DOff mission over the previous system. On top of that, the ginormous UI makes it impossible to see at a glance what assignments you can do and what you can't. I can understand the want for a UI that incorporates both the DOff and crafting system into one but this is definitely not the way. I have stopped DOff'ing completely and will not be crafting because of this new UI.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Career Officer
# 995
07-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Where is a listing of the exp requirements for each level? I cannot find it now.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92535997000&dateline=  1417572837
Commander
# 996
07-21-2014, 01:26 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1172261

my official feedback, who stole my craylons! joke aside any word on a fix?
[Combat (Self)] You lose 581236 (598048) Cold from the torment of the underworld.
Ensign
# 997
07-21-2014, 02:01 PM
What is the level progression for crafting; I want to know how many points needed for each level;
such as level zero 0-30
level one 0-150 and so forth?
Lt. Commander
# 998
07-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0mmandersam View Post
Could you explain how one goes about converting the old material into the new, please?
Right Click > use

But this menu option only appears when you right click on a mat in your inventory. It will however allow you to convert what's in your bank as well as your inventory.
that didnt work for me.
its actually a ability on your skillbar, cause obviously being friendly to new players is cryptics
top priority.

also, 1.4 gb patch, rofl. LoR wasnt as big, iirc.
reducing installer size, eh?
any more pr bs you wanna drop on us while you mess up the game?
good jahb cryptic, good jahb.

Last edited by bortens; 07-21-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Career Officer
The demand for low mark items is really, really, low. You don't spend much time at low levels.

So the current crafting system that locks you out of high mark items until you reach a certain skill level leads to people only levelling their crafting with the 20h daily, but not actually craft something.

I would recommend adding stuff to craft that can be useful at endgame for the lower skill ratings.

Since all the usual equipment is already taken - how about stacks of consumables?
Large batteries, team batteries, and multi-batteries, repair components and regenerators - they can all be useful, and if the crafting is "cheap" enough - it would be worth doing.

In the long run, you could add some unique crafting consumables.
Lieutenant
# 1000
07-22-2014, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
The demand for low mark items is really, really, low. You don't spend much time at low levels.

So the current crafting system that locks you out of high mark items until you reach a certain skill level leads to people only levelling their crafting with the 20h daily, but not actually craft something.

I would recommend adding stuff to craft that can be useful at endgame for the lower skill ratings.

Since all the usual equipment is already taken - how about stacks of consumables?
Large batteries, team batteries, and multi-batteries, repair components and regenerators - they can all be useful, and if the crafting is "cheap" enough - it would be worth doing.

In the long run, you could add some unique crafting consumables.
this plus one