Captain
# 21
06-17-2014, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
Spoiler alert, sheesh.

Also, how is this going to affect that early fed mission where we get sent to Mem Alpha to learn to craft if this is all centered around chronologically later happening events.

And are the klingons getting anywhere new and nifty to craft orrrrr....?

Edit: Just re read. Whatever you do, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE US SHARE A SINGLE CRAFTING MAP. That just reeks of avoiding effort. The identical fleet holdings were bad enough. Faction distinction is important, otherwise why even have factions?
Well, I think they screwed the story because ESD gets attacked after we complete all story missions and level our toon. Some of my fleet mates and I were talking this over after being very over ecstatic about the latest mission.

What they should do is have the old ESD map for all new toons whether or not they are alternates or new players. Why spoil the story with the instant access to the new ESD and then see its destruction being the old map in the Episode.

The story is great and the mission was awesome but I think Cryptic fumbled the ball there.
Fleet Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Avenger
Career Officer
# 22
06-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Lets see what you can do Cryptic.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 23
06-17-2014, 12:38 PM
So regardless of your reshearch progrees, we will all be reset, huh..?

Well... should have known the time was wasted.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
06-17-2014, 12:51 PM
"I propose that we even consider sharing these advances with the Republic and the Empire,"

That was my favorite line of the post. I love that the war between the Federation and Klingons is over. Growing up with TNG, it always seemed stupid to me when the two fought, and a war between the two factions as the basis for the game made me rather sad.

At any rate, yay new crafting!
"That was not Mozart laughing, Father... that was God. That was God laughing at me, through that... through that obscene giggle."
Career Officer
# 25
06-17-2014, 12:53 PM
" We’ll open up R&D to captains who haven’t worked with it before and see what they can do."

Does this mean player who max'd out the old crafting system get wipe and no compo? or will there be some sort of compo for us?
Empire Veteran
# 26
06-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
I'll get this question out of the way first: in the post, it said that Starfleet should open up the R&D to the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Republic, does that mean that the KDF and the Romulans would be able to go to Memory Alpha?
From the last thing we heard from geko they *might* be doing away with the whole memory alpha. Most likely what will happen if they do that something like our counter command in dyson sphere or some other new place we have as a HQ will be the spot or you can do it on faction homeworlds(ESD, Qo'nos, New Romulus or whatever expansion 2 has in store). My best guess is that this will be a new mold basically stuff we already have will become obsolete until crafting is outclassed in some other fashion.
Captain
# 27
06-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutusx5 View Post
" We’ll open up R&D to captains who haven’t worked with it before and see what they can do."

Does this mean player who max'd out the old crafting system get wipe and no compo? or will there be some sort of compo for us?
Al "Geko" Rivera has said in previous podcasts on the subject that they would give players who have fully maxed out all they can on the crafting exp a head start of other people on the new system.
Captain
# 28
06-17-2014, 01:03 PM
seeing about tierd crafting in other games kinda worries me here. especially when they mentioned doffs. not predicting doom or anything but I would not be surprised to see time gated crafting and leveling of the skills.

and I doubt we all get the same crafting map. but im willing to bet the feds get it a week before the kdf does for some reason. and we all get stuck making identical items with no faction difference. and id really love it if only a Klingon could make disruptors, rommy plasma and feddy bear phasers, with all the other weapon types available to all builders.

and allot of people were begging for a EC sink. I think this may help a bit as items will be disassembled for parts. meaning they wont be getting sent to vendors as often and the EC flow will be reduced. but depending on how the components work the exchange could see a nice boost in use and price of looted items even possibly going up again as the supply is reduced.

all speculation at this point so don't hold me to it.
Empire Veteran
# 29
06-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsairguns View Post
seeing about tierd crafting in other games kinda worries me here. especially when they mentioned doffs. not predicting doom or anything but I would not be surprised to see time gated crafting and leveling of the skills.

and I doubt we all get the same crafting map. but im willing to bet the feds get it a week before the kdf does for some reason. and we all get stuck making identical items with no faction difference. and id really love it if only a Klingon could make disruptors, rommy plasma and feddy bear phasers, with all the other weapon types available to all builders.

and allot of people were begging for a EC sink. I think this may help a bit as items will be disassembled for parts. meaning they wont be getting sent to vendors as often and the EC flow will be reduced. but depending on how the components work the exchange could see a nice boost in use and price of looted items even possibly going up again as the supply is reduced.

all speculation at this point so don't hold me to it.
Yeah one game that is censored in these forums has the worst crafting system ever. I just hope its not like that one where you need like about 5000+ requirements for an object just for a small chance that you can craft what you want. Although crafting does need to be revamped it hasn't changed at all since I first started here back almost around 3.5 years ago. Although I hope they don't make stuff like they did with the kling harg'peng where its character bound to the crafter once its made lol.
Captain
"We’re going to wipe away everything that came before" so I guess that means your skill level will be reset to Zero and we need to start fresh. Wonder if the materials we collected so far will have any use or will those also be recycled in the new system?