Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Community Manager
Quote:
Literary Challenge #65 - Myths & Lore

This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #65.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. Please be respectful of your fellow participants! Do not troll your fellow Captains, give them constructive feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked about their stories, and respect their rights to change their entries as they see fit.

Good luck Captains!
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
Captain
# 2
06-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Aha...looks like you snuck in just as I was hitting send on that other post about finding a topic.

I may not have one this month--if I did, it would be a hell of an uphill battle with Admiral "OpSec" ch'Harrell about letting cameras on his ships, and Alyosha's response was in these words: "Oh, no. Oh, GOD, no. No cameras aboard this ship. GOD no."
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 3
06-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Aha...looks like you snuck in just as I was hitting send on that other post about finding a topic.

I may not have one this month--if I did, it would be a hell of an uphill battle with Admiral "OpSec" ch'Harrell about letting cameras on his ships, and Alyosha's response was in these words: "Oh, no. Oh, GOD, no. No cameras aboard this ship. GOD no."
Why, 'cause they'd reveal him as Devidian? (Just curious.)

Yeah, these prompts aren't hitting any writing nerves for me either.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 4
06-17-2014, 07:21 PM
I don't think the cameras would reveal him as a Devidian, but they could reveal "odd habits" or other things that they think will make juicy story material. It could make someone speculate. The whole idea just gives him the creeps.

The other problem is the fleet admiral, ch'Harrell. In a sector where he has to fight the True Way and be concerned about information security breaches and so forth, he would fight tooth and nail to keep camera crews out of his sector.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Captain
# 5
06-17-2014, 07:34 PM
Got a couple of stories brewing now. The 4028 story will, of course, feature Grunt, and for the movie it might be Burwell, or it might be Tovoa, a new toon I started just the other day - a Human orphaned as an infant, rescued by and raised as a Romulan, and currently a Centurion commanding the RRW Thrai, a Rhode Island-class seconded to the Republic. Both offer good hooks for a documentary...
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Commander
# 6
06-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Right, I'd better get cracking at a story idea, then.

...just as soon as I think of an idea, and just as soon as I find a way to overcome the writer's block that's more or less nipped my LC writing in the bud.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
06-17-2014, 07:53 PM
No ideas atm - will see what everyone else does, though.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 8
06-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Heeeeeeeey. That second prompt is looking pretty darn good to me.
You haven't heard "Jukebox Hero" until you've heard it in the original Klingon.

Captain Elijah Barnabas Lowe, U.S.S. Sierra.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
06-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Lemme see what I can do. Glad to hear that we're still getting LCs!
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 10
06-17-2014, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Lemme see what I can do. Glad to hear that we're still getting LCs!
Just so we're clear with Three, when I said it could be any genre of film, that excludes snuff, erotica and indie.

The first two are pretty self explanatory.

I just refuse to believe that the idyllic, enlightened future Star Trek portrays would still consider indie films an actual genre of film.

JUST BECAUSE THAT ONE FLICK GOT OUT OF SUNDANCE AND MADE TONS OF CASH ON DVD DOES NOT MEAN IT'S A VIABLE OPTION FOR A SUMMER MOVIE! NO!

You haven't heard "Jukebox Hero" until you've heard it in the original Klingon.

Captain Elijah Barnabas Lowe, U.S.S. Sierra.