Lt. Commander
# 1 Powerboard Race - Disqualified
06-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Happened more than once, got disqualified for "Leaving the track", after race was in fact complete.

Problem being that due to inertia I went few or more feet beyond the flags before grabbing them.

Flags are annoying anyway, but getting disqualified after the finish line brings that feeling to a new level.

Probably the solution is to extend the (invisible) race track little more beyond the finish line.

Same thing happened to me some other time at the starting line. Visually, I was seeing myself behind the line when again I got same disqualified message.

Last edited by tardes13; 06-18-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
06-18-2014, 12:30 PM
This forum is specificly for Foundry bugs. I believ you're going to want to post you issue here.

@greendragoon
Super Moderator
# 3
06-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Thread moved. Since I'm not sure that the current behavior would be considered a bug, and since extending the boundary farther past the finish line isn't a bad idea, I have moved the thread to the Events feedback forum so that the Devs monitoring Risa feedback will be more likely to see it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 4
06-18-2014, 06:43 PM
I agree. If a player overruns the finish line, they get disqualified. Since the players have to pass the gates to continue, I fail to see why they didn't do the same for the finish line "gate". The "grab a flag" crap actually makes it easier for someone who did get to the finish line first only get a "participation" while someone who was in the back of the pack can claim first place.

On a similar vein, a player can earn the "Ripper" accolade by either getting first place OR 20 completion. Any chance that can be applied to the fleet action accolades as well?
Captain
# 5
06-18-2014, 07:31 PM
The flag grabbing part at the end makes this zero fun. After getting disqualified twice I gave up and haven't tried it again. You should automatically place when crossing the finish line. Also there should be a option to race NPCs instead.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Career Officer
# 6
06-18-2014, 07:39 PM
The only constructive I have to come up with, is that when you are on the long final stretch, start hammering 'F' and pray like crazy. (Not that it helps, but...)
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 7
06-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
You should automatically place when crossing the finish line.

This! Mother of sweet holy god, this!
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Captain
# 8
06-19-2014, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
The only constructive I have to come up with, is that when you are on the long final stretch, start hammering 'F' and pray like crazy. (Not that it helps, but...)
Reverse also helps...
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Commander
# 9
06-19-2014, 03:44 AM
Same thing happened to me in the scrabble for the flag. I came in first lost my flag and got DQ. I discarded all my tags in protest and have not bothered with any event on Risa other than jump through hoops for my pearls !

The word race needs to be dropped from that event as it is clearly NOT a race !

Last edited by l30p4rd; 06-19-2014 at 03:46 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
06-19-2014, 03:51 AM
Another useful tip, though I agree with just GETTING your place, is to jump off your board just as you reach the flag and then grab it.