Captain
# 21
06-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Hey I had just jump off the board to grab the flag to finish to spend time aiming where the down arrow is catch-22. Might make it or jump out of bounds. Anyway got second monkey so that's it for me with the race on Romulan Faction.
Time will only tell!
Career Officer
# 22
06-20-2014, 05:19 AM
I'm actually kind of OK with the flag grabbing in this race. I see it as a bit of an equalizer. By causing chaos at the finish, it gives a chance to a player with a lesser powerboard to claim a higher place. I see it as part of the strategy too. If you're part of the lead pack, do you try to get into an F mashing war for 1st (and risk not placing at all), or go for second? I've "stolen" second a number of times because everybody else in the lead pack got greedy.

Also, if you're in first and uncontested, but miss it because you overran it, you just need to practice jumping off the board and grabbing the flag. The only time that's ever failed me is one time that I missed the 1st place flag because I had activated the board while wearing my floater, so when I deactivated the board the floater launched me into the air. It was pretty comical.
Career Officer
# 23
06-23-2014, 11:47 AM
The Flag grabbing in the race is stupid. And the race itself isn't challenging, its all about who got out the gate the fastest and to the speed buffs (I.E. luck). It needs us to get an alternative in getting tags.

Last edited by azurianstar; 06-23-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Captain
# 24
06-23-2014, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
The Flag grabbing in the race is stupid. And the race itself isn't challenging, its all about who got out the gate the fastest and to the speed buffs (I.E. luck). It needs us to get an alternative in getting tags.
Yes, got disqualified again, and deleting whatever tags I have and done with this until it gets fixed.

By the way interesting sig you have there. I was around (unfortunately) for the NGE in SWG and quit shortly after. I hope what you say about 9.5 isn't true.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions