Lt. Commander
# 31
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Just a little clip showing Rasmus, K'rel, Headhunter & Co in 5 carriers in an arena. Its short because I started frapsing after the first battle where we all tried to focus one but they could just tank it all. And yeah the only thing attacking me in that short time are the pets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2WlE9NNlhE

P.S.: Uploaded it a few minutes ago. It should be HD soon, Youtube is still working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalecgos View Post
Just a little clip showing Rasmus, K'rel, Headhunter & Co in 5 carriers in an arena. Its short because I started frapsing after the first battle where we all tried to focus one but they could just tank it all. And yeah the only thing attacking me in that short time are the pets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2WlE9NNlhE

P.S.: Uploaded it a few minutes ago. It should be HD soon, Youtube is still working on it.
and that was a pug.... one person got DC'd, if that was the round with Tanfang. I think it was 3 Carriers and a Negh'Var most of the way.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Just remember, this is cryptic. If this game was a surgery patient - cryptic is like a blind retarded monkey with a semi-sharp steakknife.

We have to be very, very careful how their arbitrary interpretation of this situation goes, or else they will just render the carrier unplayable at the current level of capacity it has WITH the exploit, and then fix the exploit.

I rather like the carrier, so I don't want that to happen.

Hence, it's important to me that this issue be kept in perspective. It's the bug, not the ship that is the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-12-2010, 01:06 PM
OP play CoH at all?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Hence, it's important to me that this issue be kept in perspective. It's the bug, not the ship that is the problem.
QFT, I like the carrier, it brings a certain "unknown" element into t5 that when properly used adds a whole nother dimension to strategy, I just don't want the bug to be fixed so that those people piloting it right don't unfairly get nerfed to hell.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-12-2010, 01:13 PM
The battle was one sided but it had nothing to do with the carriers, with 3 people on TS all RR'ing the tank isn't going to get broken by a pug.

Not to mention that you all attacked one at a time from different directions and I didnt see any evidence of the Feds repping each other. From the looks of your tool bar I didn't see any heals, just 2 RSP's.

Hopefully Cryptic in their infinite wisdom will chime in on the carrier debate sooner rather than later.

If they nerf the carriers, then the next complaint will be the Negh'Var has an unbreakable tank.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
Hopefully Cryptic in their infinite wisdom will chime in on the carrier debate sooner rather than later.

If they nerf the carriers, then the next complaint will be the Negh'Var has an unbreakable tank.
nah, all ships on t5 are killable. I kill carriers all the time, it just takes a whole lot of dedication not to be stuck in a godaweful position the entire match.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
nah, all ships on t5 are killable. I kill carriers all the time, it just takes a whole lot of dedication not to be stuck in a godaweful position the entire match.
The only thing that will quiet all the OP threads is a symmentrical PVP system. Give the Feds carriers and their MES back, it's not going to change the fact that a pug stands zero chance against a couple of people on TS.

Until the queue can differentiate premade groups from solo players their will always be a PVP imbalance.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalecgos View Post

Heals are your friend , use them
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-12-2010, 01:28 PM
That is a ludicrous amount of fighters...but it makes carriers actually matter. I mean there is nothing worse than picking a carrier class and get hoodwinked with only 5 little buzzards circling you.

Man those things are our own personal KDF balls...nice, perfect for onjective based missions.

The things alone justify the need to have open PvP war areas and spread out objectives...nothing worse then being forced to stay in the bull's pen.