Commander
# 21
06-24-2014, 01:57 PM
1 hour 13 Minutes in

http://priorityonepodcast.com/po179/

I love how Rivera is practically confirming all of what I said....

INCLUDING saying that some Catalysts WILL be in Lockboxes. *tuts* Shame Smirk....
===Member of the "Disenchanted"===
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowrulesupreme View Post
We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
Career Officer
# 22
06-29-2014, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseahl View Post
1 hour 13 Minutes in

INCLUDING saying that some Catalysts WILL be in Lockboxes. *tuts* Shame Smirk....
keep in mind that PWE folks are kept at a bit of arms length from the actual Cryptic dev team, the irony is that Smirk is trying the cover the collective butts of people that probably lie just as easily to him as us.

But yes, listening to the Priority One pod cast not only didn't assuage the concerns I had going in but raised more.

A) seemingly no intention of removing dilithium

B) even with good crafting experience, it was insinuated that you would still need catalysts to get the Blurple or even Gold items.

C)Doff requirement for Blurple, Gold and Crafting Only items.

D) The Doffs will be found in the Doff packs

E) Crafting items will be included in new Crafting Pack to be introduced to the C-store.

F) Random Drops of crafting materials added to lockboxes

I mean that was the gist of the interview and straight from Riviera's mouth. If this isn't a statement of intention I don't know what is.

I don't know why Cryptic feels they have to make the crafting system into another indirect source of money, I mean isn't Cryptic making enough money, do they really have to monetize EVERY aspect of this game??

-AE
Captain
# 23
06-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentexeider View Post
keep in mind that PWE folks are kept at a bit of arms length from the actual Cryptic dev team, the irony is that Smirk is trying the cover the collective butts of people that probably lie just as easily to him as us.
Smirk should do with that podcast and Geko what Smirk had the mods do to players. Replace it with the word redacted and remove all mention of upcoming things until they make their way into a Smirk written blog post so it's official.

And then move the blog posts into some other thread so they're harder to find.

Captain
# 24
06-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseahl View Post
1 hour 13 Minutes in

They'll say Smirk was just misinformed or he misunderstood.
Career Officer
# 25
06-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Smirk should do with that podcast and Geko what Smirk had the mods do to players. Replace it with the word redacted and remove all mention of upcoming things until they make their way into a Smirk written blog post so it's official.

And then move the blog posts into some other thread so they're harder to find.

Oh don't misunderstand me, I'm sure he is still definitely a "Company" man, but being a former "Company" man myself, WE as well as HE needs to remember, that he can be just as lied to as easily as the community can be lied to.

Even in game companies, they engage in compartmentalization, and keep secrets from each other, even if it's just a function of keeping things straight.
Lieutenant
# 26
06-30-2014, 07:24 AM
And that is exactly the reason no lifetime sub for me. Too much going on under the table, we're not guaranteed another year with STO.

Same thing happened with COH and it was shut down with almost no warning, and they sold I fetimes right up until the announcement.