Career Officer
# 11
06-19-2014, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddaytodie39 View Post
Can someone explain to me how the vet ships work please? Are they account wide unlocks? Say I have a Rom, A Fed and a Klink, would each one get a vet ship?
Mine have, yes.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 12
06-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
STO: Expansion 2 is due by the end of the year, and it's supposed to be bigger than the Legacy of Romulas (E1). Perhaps this is a hint that E2 will bring Cardassians as a Playable Faction?
You are far too optimistic about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
They are advertising the Captain's Table which is a part of the Veteran rewards, and that Cardassian has always been there. You are thinking too much.
That may very well be the case, though it doesn't excuse what I've said above.
Republic Veteran
# 13
06-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I don't know what anyone else thinks, but this has potential scam written all across it. Lets take a look at the announcement. What's one of the first things everyone notices? Well I'll tell you; it's the Cardassian.

Now whilst it is true that there is no mention of playable Cardassians anywhere on that page, it wouldn't half surprise me if some people jumped the gun and purchased the lifetime pack simply because they saw the Cardassian, and wrongly assumed that by making the purchase, they'd get to play as one.

That's bad on you Cryptic. What possible purpose is there to display a Cardassian (in Cardassian armour) when a perfectly good Human or Andorian would better fit that position?

Heh, they have our money, what do they care now?
This might surprise you to know, that on the Captain's Table, that's where the screen shot was taken...since there are Cardassians on the Captain's Table.
Career Officer
# 14
06-19-2014, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
This might surprise you to know, that on the Captain's Table, that's where the screen shot was taken...since there are Cardassians on the Captain's Table.
See my post above yours. My concern here is that people might wrongly suspect that because a Cardassian is featured, they'll think they'll get to play one when they wont. The picture gives off an incorrect visual message.
Career Officer
# 15
06-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Can someone explain to me how the vet ships work please? Are they account wide unlocks? Say I have a Rom, A Fed and a Klink, would each one get a vet ship?
Yep, account wide. Every character you have can get one. If you discharge it, you can reclaim it later on.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Republic Veteran
# 16
06-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Quote:
The picture gives off an incorrect visual message.
I see you are now learning the basics of advertising.
# 17
06-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Quote:
See my post above yours. My concern here is that people might wrongly suspect that because a Cardassian is featured, they'll think they'll get to play one when they wont. The picture gives off an incorrect visual message.
Not sure I like the Connie-like ship in the Launcher. It sends the wrong message. Makes me think we will be getting a T5 connie in the expansion.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Republic Veteran
# 18
06-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Why? there are Cardassians already in the game? If the picture was going to give off the "incorrect message" that Playable Cardassians are incoming, then why not the Cardassians already in the game? Your comment means nothing, and you are basically claiming that the new players are not smart enough to figure the situation out for themselves.
Career Officer
# 19
06-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Quote:
yes.. all toons in all factions will have access to their specific vet ship.. not to the other faction's ships... including the fleet versions (if you have ship modules that is )

Hope this helps
-----------------------------------------
Enjoy and have fun!
It is a game.

Ensign
# 20
06-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Wonder how many people misread the article from the Arc news section. Arc news announcement reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down by $100 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

In the link that LaughingTrendy gave, that same paragraph reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down from $299.99 USD to $199.99 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

I know when I originally skimmed through the Arc announcement I misread it, and had to go back because $100 for a lifetime sub just sounded to good to be true, which it was.
Closed Thread