Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,471
# 21
06-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
I see you are now learning the basics of advertising.
The basics of false advertising, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Not sure I like the Connie-like ship in the Launcher. It sends the wrong message. Makes me think we will be getting a T5 connie in the expansion.
You're trolling here and you know it! You might want a T5 Constitution, but neither you, nor anyone else are ever getting one. We do however get to fly a Constitution when leveling up - should you choose it.

The page in question is specifically about a lifetime purchase, and the lifetime rewards all whilst clearly showing a Cardassian. It sends the wrong message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Your comment means nothing, and you are basically claiming that the new players are not smart enough to figure the situation out for themselves.
My comment means nothing ... to you; typical arrogance.

Why would new players need to figure anything out? If people buy on impulse (as is commonly the case) whether it's their fault or not, it doesn't dispute the fact that showing something that we cannot use in a poster/picture for a sale doesn't sit well with me, nor should it with you.

Edit: Lets say they released a picture of a new Federation ship (lets say the Jupter or Typhoon models) with a nice new modern design and texture to go along with it. Along with this was an article with release details. Upon release (and sale of 2500zen), you were given the old model and old textures. By your argument this would be perfectly justified when it isn't.

Same principle.

Last edited by flash525; 06-19-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,374
# 22
06-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
They are advertising the Captain's Table which is a part of the Veteran rewards, and that Cardassian has always been there. You are thinking too much.
This, and there is no playable faction for E2, the devs have constantly said this.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 970
# 23
06-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavetroll001 View Post
Wonder how many people misread the article from the Arc news section. Arc news announcement reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down by $100 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

In the link that LaughingTrendy gave, that same paragraph reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down from $299.99 USD to $199.99 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

I know when I originally skimmed through the Arc announcement I misread it, and had to go back because $100 for a lifetime sub just sounded to good to be true, which it was.
In the first one it said down BY $100, not down TO $100. It's not Cryptic's fault for someone's misunderstanding the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Why would new players need to figure anything out? If people buy on impulse (as is commonly the case) whether it's their fault or not, it doesn't dispute the fact that showing something that we cannot use in a poster/picture for a sale doesn't sit well with me, nor should it with you.
Do you know what I did when I was looking to subscribed? I did this new thing called research, and learned what I would be getting from the subscription... so, what you're trying to do (which isn't really fair) is make it seem that Cryptic is purposefully trying to scam people by your definition of seeing a screen shot of a Cardassian and a new player expecting one when he or she can look at what the rewards are going to be. You truly think they wouldn't look at the rewards? Sorry, but your argument, flash, is purely flawed.

Last edited by blassreiterus; 06-19-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 24
# 24
06-19-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm tempted, but I just paid for a 3 month subscription and if I buy this now it means I just flushed away $42.
"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
Agatha Heterodyne
PWE Community Manager
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 927
# 25
06-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I recall that, too, and then they removed the EVA Suits from the C-Store and gave them to Vets. Was that it? I can't remember getting anything else recently.
Ding ding ding!

You are correct sir!

The last time we ran this sale, back in December 2013, we offered the new Vet reward of the EV Suits.

That was the "new reward" and that was 6.5 months ago.

While we don't currently have another reward on the table for this LS sale, we will pass along all the feedback from this thread regarding the players appetite for more vet rewards!

Thanks everyone.
~CaptainSmirk
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,452
# 26
06-19-2014, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captxpendable View Post
I'm tempted, but I just paid for a 3 month subscription and if I buy this now it means I just flushed away $42.
Take it from a long-time (former) monthly subscriber...

If you have the cash for a lifetime membership, do it. You'll recoup the $42 dollars worth of value later.

Besides, you should have waited until the 3 month subs went on sale for $30. See, you already lost $12.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 432
# 27
06-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavetroll001 View Post
Wonder how many people misread the article from the Arc news section. Arc news announcement reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down by $100 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

In the link that LaughingTrendy gave, that same paragraph reads as follows:

We are pleased to announce a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions from now until Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 10AM PDT, bringing the price down from $299.99 USD to $199.99 USD! Now is the perfect time to pick up a Lifetime Subscription to STO so you can play forever as a Gold Member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

I know when I originally skimmed through the Arc announcement I misread it, and had to go back because $100 for a lifetime sub just sounded to good to be true, which it was.
Both statements match up... nothing they posted is off.

1st statement is "price down by $100 USD" which matches with 2nd statement of "price down from $299.99 USD to $199.99 USD" which is exactly $100 off.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,471
# 28
06-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
Do you know what I did when I was looking to subscribed? I did this new thing called research, and learned what I would be getting from the subscription.
That's great, and I'm happy for you, except you are not everyone and some people would buy on impulse without researching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
You truly think they wouldn't look at the rewards? Sorry, but your argument, flash, is purely flawed.
Considering I know a few people who have already done this (not specifically for the lifetime reward, but cryptic purchases) I would say my argument is far from flawed.
Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 460
# 29
06-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I recall that, too, and then they removed the EVA Suits from the C-Store and gave them to Vets. Was that it? I can't remember getting anything else recently.

STO: Expansion 2 is due by the end of the year, and it's supposed to be bigger than the Legacy of Romulas (E1). Perhaps this is a hint that E2 will bring Cardassians as a Playable Faction?

Hmm...

You've heard it here first!

I am the one who guessed the Voth right away on STO's facebook page at the first hint of a Voyager's mortal enemy ...
well, it wasn't so hard since Voyager is my first and favourite Star Trek series and "Distant origin" was an episode I remembered very well because I liked it and I liked the concept, the idea behind that episode.
So ... I say ... Cardassian or ... Borg ! oh yeeeeaaah !
" Primum vivere, deinde DPS " - STO Arthas - U.S.S. Messapia
My wiener is OP, plz nerf
Not sure if Star Trek Online or Star Bug Online
PWE Community Manager
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 927
# 30
06-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I don't know what anyone else thinks, but this has potential scam written all across it. Lets take a look at the announcement. What's one of the first things everyone notices? Well I'll tell you; it's the Cardassian.

Now whilst it is true that there is no mention of playable Cardassians anywhere on that page, it wouldn't half surprise me if some people jumped the gun and purchased the lifetime pack simply because they saw the Cardassian, and wrongly assumed that by making the purchase, they'd get to play as one.

That's bad on you Cryptic. What possible purpose is there to display a Cardassian (in Cardassian armour) when a perfectly good Human or Andorian would better fit that position?

Heh, they have our money, what do they care now?
Sorry to confuse you about the Cardie. I understand that a lot of players were hoping to get to create a playable Cardassian, and we wish they were coming for this expansion. I too would love to play as a Cardy or a Founder!

This is a great picture from the Captain's Table: Warning! You also cannot create a playable table or couch that are also featured in this picture

We wanted to show off this beautiful social map and thought this image from the lounge was a great fit for the blog.

No scam intended faithful players

Enjoy the sale!

~CaptainSmirk
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.