Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Rihannsu
# 21 No Dilithium Requirments
06-19-2014, 06:42 PM
For the love of all things get rid of the Dilithium requirements!!!!! It killed the old system and its going to kill the new system.

Issues so far.

1: Get rid of Dilithium Requirements!!!!!!! I can't stress this enough

2: Need to add modular system for modifiers to craftable items. I.E. [Arc] [Acc] things like that

3: Turning in Particle traces does not yield any vary rare crafting mats.

4: Turning in Old crafting mats one at a time takes way to long Slider needed ASAP.

5: Since the new crafting mats take more to craft an item there needs to be a larger exchange rate from old crafting mats to new crafting mats. Say 1 old mat turns in for 3 new mats.

6: What happened to the Aegis Engine and Deflector? What about adding in an Aegis Warp Core/Singularity Core

7: Need to add a way of breaking down loot drop items into crafting mats. This is the corner stone of all crafting systems in mmo's.

8: Need to add a way of getting schematics for making modular modifiers through research. This is R&D after all!

9: We need some creativity here Dev. If I want to craft an Omni-Directional Antiproton Dual Beam Bank Mk XII Very Rare. Or maybe I want to Craft an Omni-Directional Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher Then let me make one.

10: All these craftable items at max level need to be on par with Fleet and Reputation Equipment otherwise its just a waist of time and materials.

11: Add a Crafting Rep System if need to be to make some of the very far out stuff see number 9 for ideas.

Last edited by comkiller007; 06-19-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
06-19-2014, 06:49 PM
My early impressions:

Overall, I like the system and UI. Finding projects is pretty easy, but having played around with NW crafting, the familiarity might be a lot of that. But that's a good thing, I got used to that system quickly, too.

Anomaly trade-in: As acknowledged, it really needs a slider to trade in bulk. No way anyone's bank space will be freed up if it's one by one.

Doff updates: Overall, I'm ok with the new UI for doff missions. A little getting used to where the information went, but I'll probably adapt to it. Sorting doffs by effectiveness for each spot is nice, though I'd like to still be able to see the highlighted pertinent traits when looking through options, not just for the slotted doff. It also seems this slot options system has replaced the old 'department head suggestions', though it can't be turned off by that toggle.

Just testing with Risian bird assignments, it seems Biologists still increase success at the expense of crit. Since success boost isn't even shown on the new UI, is it just going to be removed from all doff assignments? Or will it remain a hidden menace, only noticeable by looking closely at the available doff order or comparing crit chance?

Some odd things: it is possible to select the same doff in several different slots. The assignment can't start, and the crit chance suffers, but it's not immediately clear that the problem is the same doff. For people with duplicates this could get confusing.

Also, when starting a crafting assignment, occasionally it will show the details for the last doff assignment you started, instead of showing the options for the crafting assignment you're planning.

The number displayed on the assignment 'completed' tab counts the ongoing crafting assignments, even though they don't show up there.

Advisors are currently used to craft deflectors. I'm assuming this is a bug.
Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
, Re-emergence, and . . .

Lt. Commander
# 23
06-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Please redesign the interface to reduce the number of clicks required for common tasks. If we need to convert 100 materials or build 10 components, it should be achievable with one set of clicks, not one set of clicks per iteration.

Edit: Also, "Finish Now"? Really?
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road

Last edited by graleron; 06-19-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Captain
# 24
06-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Here is my initial feedback on the new crafting system.

1. There is no option to choose our own modifiers. This is probably the number one feature that was missing from the old crafting system. In the old system, we chose from a fixed list determined by the devs. In the new system, the modifiers are generated randomly. This is no better than random drops, and it consumes crafting components. If we cannot choose our own modifiers, then most people will not bother crafting weapons.

2. The quality of the item is random. I dislike this for the same reason I dislike random drops.

3. What are catalysts and where can we get them?

4. I'm confused by the screenshots below. Have some consoles been turned into components? Or is this a UI bug?

http://i.imgur.com/rSxaFJs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sFO2rTO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gmfZX2m.jpg

5. You can still access the old crafting UI by selecting "View R&D Progress" from the drop-down menu under the minimap.

6. You can still buy common and uncommon unreplicateable materials from the dilithium store.

7. There is a new bug with the inventory window. If you select the "R&D" tab, close the inventory window, and reopen it, then the "Assets" tab will become selected. If you select the "Assets" tab, close the inventory window, and reopen it, then the "R&D" tab will become selected. The bug does not occur if you select the "Inventory" tab. To reproduce the bug, select the "R&D" tab and then repeatedly press the 'I' key; this swaps between the "R&D" tab and the "Assets" tab. The same thing happens if you repeatedly press the 'U' key while either the "R&D" tab or the "Assets" tab is selected.

Last edited by frtoaster; 06-20-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Rihannsu
# 25
06-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by comkiller007 View Post
For the love of all things get rid of the Dilithium requirements!!!!! It killed the old system and its going to kill the new system.

Issues so far.

2: Need to add modular system for modifiers to craftable items. I.E. [Arc] [Acc] things like that

3: Turning in Particle traces does not yield any vary rare crafting mats.

4: Turning in Old crafting mats one at a time takes way to long Slider needed ASAP.

5: Since the new crafting mats take more to craft an item there needs to be a larger exchange rate from old crafting mats to new crafting mats. Say 1 old mat turns in for 3 new mats.

6: What happened to the Aegis Engine and Deflector? What about adding in an Aegis Warp Core/Singularity Core

7: Need to add a way of breaking down loot drop items into crafting mats. This is the corner stone of all crafting systems in mmo's.

8: Need to add a way of getting schematics for making modular modifiers through research. This is R&D after all!

9: We need some creativity here Dev. If I want to craft an Omni-Directional Antiproton Dual Beam Bank Mk XII Very Rare. Or maybe I want to Craft an Omni-Directional Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher Then let me make one.

10: All these craftable items at max level need to be on par with Fleet and Reputation Equipment otherwise its just a waist of time and materials.

11: Add a Crafting Rep System if need to be to make some of the very far out stuff see number 9 for ideas.
1.) I would agree unless they are willing to have dilithium reward at a comparable rate while collecting the other needed materials.
2.) This was my hope for a crafting system. Make a base item and then upgrade it with modifiers...
3.) With as rare as the particle traces are, it would be nicer to get a better return out of them.
4.) Haven't looked in-game, yet, but definitely.
5.) Let's not have a repeat of "shaft the players" like we had with the dilithium conversion...
6.) Agreed about the warp core/singularity core.
7.) Big time agreed.
8.) I would say that crafting needs to be about crafting. R&D should be a separate process. Collect a uncommon MK XI phaser with [acc] during a mission and then R&D it to learn how to make [acc] mods. Then you can craft [acc] mods and use them as optional components while crafting something else.
9.) I won't go this far. In order to accommodate this, someone would have to literally think out and create an item for each and every permutation.
10.) Agreed. Previous attempts (When the dilithium store came out) made crafting a waste of time. If you're going to make it a time sink, then at least have it be equal in reward to the rep system.
11.) There are quite enough reps. If they would allow for an "omni-directional" whatever, it should require more than one school. beams and cannons, for instance.

As a side note, from the sounds of things, I'm getting the feeling that this is heavily influenced by NW's crafting. My suggestion: don't. I never really liked NW's crafting. It doesn't feel like crafting.
Career Officer
# 26
06-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Maybe I've not read up enough on these threads, but why is the duration of crafting Items showing as "1 minute" when the actual timer is 5 minutes?

Bug on the actual timer, or text problem in the project window?
Captain
# 27
06-19-2014, 08:00 PM
So in going to craft a Torpedo from the Projectile School, I need a Focusing Lens from either the Beam or Cannons School?

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Career Officer
# 28
06-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
So in going to craft a Torpedo from the Projectile School, I need a Focusing Lens from either the Beam or Cannons School?
I was about to add this as well.

Everything we need for a certain school needs to be in that school's list of projects/tasks.
Captain
# 29
06-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
3. What are catalysts and where can we get them?
Lockboxes, reduce chance of failure. Just a guess.

*edit: Sorry 'crafting packs' aka gamble rewards limited to crafting.
STO has a diverse group of players with a wide range of expectations and playstyles. To that end the STO team should endeavor to create a variety of content with a diverse set of difficulty levels and challenges. Cake for everyone!
Career Officer
# 30 You got to be kidding me.....
06-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by comkiller007 View Post

I have not been very vocal on anything regarding cryptic. But enough is enough please. I agree to speak of at least reducing the requirement on this. But after loosing half my reputation gear after the shuttle event due to your team not posting enough warning about the load-out system is not supporting shuttles, and all you can tell me is we can't do anything and thank you for all your kindness. I'm am done with the crap. The system is perfect for crafting but the last draw is the closing of memory alpha, exploration areas etc. Either rewrite it to a streamlined format or consider something that isn't a cash grab please. This is coming from a person who has maxed crafting on 2 toons and it feels like a slap in face.

Sorry for the anger just tired of being told, Were sorry excuses.

Goddess