Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Lt. Commander
# 701
07-17-2014, 12:46 PM
So,they redo a useless system into a time consuming useless system
Lieutenant
# 702
07-17-2014, 05:01 PM
=.= New crafting system has fails in it for those they had already maxed out their crafting and built a large collection of all mats.

------------

You can NOT trade in all your old work and time MAXING crafting, it's reset to >> ZERO and must start all over again.

Another fail, new crafting mats are NOT tradeable, ' Bind on pick-up '. Due to this, you must do 100% of mat farming on the single char you want to work crafting on.

Converting old mats only gives you random chance of Common, Uncommon or totally random with chance of Rare>< Even if you have ALL the old mats in stacks of 500, all you can get is the LOW tier new stuff, you can't even trade Rare for Rare >< Best hope you get is trading a >> RARE << for Random for less odd's of getting a Rare then you did before ><

You are yet forced to have MORE Doff's to fill up your LIMITED Doff space just for crafting and nothing but crafting.

----------

Hello was anyone THINKING whent hey threw this out and undid EVERYTHING the old players worked on?
Career Officer
# 703
07-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Bind on pick up . . . FAIL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
. . . QA runs through it a bunch, and if there is a major problem, only the files necessary to fix that issue are allowed in.
Career Officer
# 704
07-18-2014, 12:43 AM
It's a Greek Tragedy.
Ensign
# 705 STO Unfair Practice
07-18-2014, 01:20 AM
I have several Toons with Max Crafting Skills (Old System)!

they all took a Lot of Currency and Farming! I could have made more Currency Selling the mats I farmed Hours For, instead I used them to Max my Crafting skill!!!

WHY!!! Oh WHY!!! Did STO devs think its OK to reduce my Skill to 0 when they introduced this New System? At the Very Least they could have Maxed 1 or 2 Crafting Schools depending of the Toons Old System Crafting Progress, or Even CXP, let the players Decide which School!!!

THIS needs to be Fixed!
Career Officer
# 706
07-18-2014, 01:55 AM
Wow, its so a Dilithium vacuum.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2qcp4dw.jpg
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Captain
# 707
07-18-2014, 03:47 AM
SORRY TO SHOUT BUT I REPORTED THIS A MONTH AGO WHEN THE CRAFTING FIRST CAME TO TRIBBLE BUT IS NOW ON HOLODECK

WHEN PICKING UP MATS FROM THE VARIOUS MAPS THEY GO TO YOUR REGULAR INVENTORY INSTEAD OF THE R&D TAB WHERE THEY CAN BE USED FOR CRAFTING. THIS MEANS YOU HAVE TO GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO FIND A BANK ACCESS TO SWAP THEM OVER,

Edit: Since posting I have found that it occurs when doing the asteroid mining on Ishi's asteroid near DS9. As well as rewarding the dilithium the particles rewarded end up in the regular inventory not the R&D tab as other areas in the game.

At the time when originally testing this was the only area available to me to get particles.

SUPPORT THE FOUNDRY, YOUR GATEWAY TO NEW REGULAR CONTENT.

Last edited by mjarbar; 07-18-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Career Officer
# 708
07-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Please separate the crafting materials from inventory at vendors. K thnx bye
No to T5 Constitution No to T5 Miranda No to Arc Yes to a Federation Frigate Pet
Career Officer
# 709
07-18-2014, 11:02 AM
All you have to do is click and drag the mats in your inventory up to the r&d tab and it will put it in your r$d slots automatically...only new particles that you collect go into your inventory...once that new particle is in your r&d slots it will go to there ...that is what I experienced with the new system
Lieutenant
# 710
07-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorilin8 View Post
I have several Toons with Max Crafting Skills (Old System)!

they all took a Lot of Currency and Farming! I could have made more Currency Selling the mats I farmed Hours For, instead I used them to Max my Crafting skill!!!

WHY!!! Oh WHY!!! Did STO devs think its OK to reduce my Skill to 0 when they introduced this New System? At the Very Least they could have Maxed 1 or 2 Crafting Schools depending of the Toons Old System Crafting Progress, or Even CXP, let the players Decide which School!!!

THIS needs to be Fixed!
I feel you man I got shafted by the Devs in the same way. Would have been nice to atleast gotten something to show that all the PROGRESSION I did wasn't just for nothing in the end.