Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
This don't make much sense to me. I don't lag when I'm in space but whenever I go on the ground I have lag 90% of the time.

I'm running a dell XPS M1730 with duel NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT with Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz and i have 2gig of duel channel ram and I have DirectX 11.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Ground missions for some reason are quite a deal more intensive than space missions. I'm not sure why, it's just something in the game engine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I have a completely different but equally effective system (1 GB GeForce 9800) and having the exact same problem, so it can't just be on our end. On land the graphics and the sound stutter at random, but in space not even a heavy asteroid field gives me any trouble. I never had the problem through both Betas and the Head Start and all my settings are the same. I was hoping it wasn't just me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Turn off dynamic lights
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiozo View Post
Turn off dynamic lights
I just hope they fix there engine , we shouldnt have to settle for the game looking ugly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-12-2010, 05:44 AM
I had this too and I'm running on a 64-bit system with 6GB RAM, i7 920 processor and a GTX 295. I found updating to the new 196 drivers direct from the Nvidia site fixed pretty much everything for me so long as I have my fan ramped up to ~80%.

Try turning off the lighting as suggested along with Post Processing and then switch on Monitor Vertical Sync if all else fails. I've experimented with a lot of combinations but the drivers seemed to help more than anything in-game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-12-2010, 06:17 AM
This made me think of 1 option i would like to see implemented

seperate graphic options for ground and space so i can set my ground graphics to lower but keep my space at full graphics
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithyllyr
I had this too and I'm running on a 64-bit system with 6GB RAM, i7 920 processor and a GTX 295. I found updating to the new 196 drivers direct from the Nvidia site fixed pretty much everything for me so long as I have my fan ramped up to ~80%.

Try turning off the lighting as suggested along with Post Processing and then switch on Monitor Vertical Sync if all else fails. I've experimented with a lot of combinations but the drivers seemed to help more than anything in-game.
Check your case cooling. My GTX 295 is sitting at 74c (well within limits) with the fan at 40% - everything up full at 1920x1200 with 196 drivers.

I actually removed a fan that was attached to the CPU radiator above my GPU and my idle and max temps dropped by 10c without affecting the CPU temps at all - I think it was pulling the air from the window fans up and away from the GPU.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splyce View Post
Check your case cooling. My GTX 295 is sitting at 74c (well within limits) with the fan at 40% - everything up full at 1920x1200 with 196 drivers.

I actually removed a fan that was attached to the CPU radiator above my GPU and my idle and max temps dropped by 10c without affecting the CPU temps at all - I think it was pulling the air from the window fans up and away from the GPU.

You can always turn your radiator around so the air blows away from the card, that should make it even cooler. My GTX 295 never goes above 65C with everything maxed out. I'm using a Antec P192B Case.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuggan
You can always turn your radiator around so the air blows away from the card, that should make it even cooler. My GTX 295 never goes above 65C with everything maxed out. I'm using a Antec P192B Case.
It's always been blowing away from the card (the radiator and single fan blows directly out of a rear exhaust). The second fan on the front of the radiator was upsetting the flow through the case.... removing that solved the issue.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:13 AM.