Lt. Commander
I've played a few maps as Federation, Lt. Commander and it's 10 klingons against 3 or 4 feds. I thought the maps were supposed to be balanced?

I like PVP, but this is a turkey shoot. No fun in dying 25 times in 5 seconds each time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I'd like to know myself. I just tried playing a KvK House Battle and ended up by myself against a team of 3 or 4. I'm not an LtCmdr yet and haven't found any decent upgraded weapons (anything past white), armor, or shields yet.

Do they (Cryptic) really think we want to play a match like that? Maybe some people might, but I for one don't.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
This is cryptic's first mmo, give em a break! It's not like they made city of heroes, then city of villans, then champions online, then this....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2010, 10:16 AM
A game starts when five people are sent invites, not when five people accept invites.

So if three people on your faction get sent invites but don't accept them, and all five accept them on the other side - guess what, game's a 2v5.

Worse, people can leave a game once it's in progress, and the system will let you join a game that's already started. So you can zone into a match that's already 0-14 for the other team, with no other players in it on your side.

The entire queue system is pretty terrible at the moment, and to the best of my knowledge no one from Cryptic has even acknowledged the problems with it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggum11 View Post
I've played a few maps as Federation, Lt. Commander and it's 10 klingons against 3 or 4 feds. I thought the maps were supposed to be balanced?

I like PVP, but this is a turkey shoot. No fun in dying 25 times in 5 seconds each time.
There is one map with 10 (capture and hold Large)
I think the rest are 5 vs 5
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggum11 View Post

You are missing a lot about PvP. First, make a pre-made team. Find some people who are willing to queue as a team for the match. Thats the reason you will see 5v1, cause one side went in as a team and the other a pug.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 11:25 AM
generally fed teams tend to fill slower because, well theres more of an incentive to decline the invite to the game if your in the middle of a fun mission and dont wanna start over.