Captain
# 21
06-20-2014, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuruyo View Post
That looks like someone trolling. The pic might as well have "photoshoped" in the corner.

Lists failure (but not "1 lost"), with extreme risk for a low risk task and has the reward show when you get nothing for a fail. As well as that doff not supposed to be able to slot in that project.
All of these things were already mentioned in that thread. What makes you think it's trolling instead of a rare bug that allows you slot a doff you shouldn't be able to, causing the mission to fail and consuming the doff in the process?
Rihannsu
# 22
06-20-2014, 01:25 AM
I am not a fan of the new doff UI in its current state. I dont mind it for crafting so much, but the doffing side seems to be more clunky than before.

You have to max the box really big to see all the requirements. when you plan a project you cant tell what each doffs traits are quickly other than the +30 bit which is kind of redundant anyway as the colour should be a big indication that a purple is better than a green. it all takes up a lot more room on the screen so its harder to quickly get an overview of what is available.

maybe we can get a toggle to hide the tasks with unmet requirements.

Also occasionally i would change the doff required and the plan task button would grey out. im not sure if its letting you pick doffs you should not be able to use or its just being glitchy?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 23
06-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Holy **** what have you done?! You've murdered the ******* Doff UI. Whomever did this should be fired. Get out.

This, combined with the cluster assignments nerf will singlehandedly kill the Doff system.

Reactionary? Sure. But Cryptic's history shows that this is highly unlikely to get any iteration passes and it will probably go live in this state and never be changed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
06-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Holy **** what have you done?! You've murdered the ******* Doff UI. Whomever did this should be fired. Get out.
I agree with the previous poster. If anything he is understating things and using too mild language.

Don't Change The Doff UI!
Lieutenant
# 25
06-20-2014, 02:02 AM
Cryptic, what have you done? This new UI is terrible in the worst kind!

Do NOT put the Doff UI from Tribble to Holodeck!
Lieutenant
# 26
06-20-2014, 02:39 AM
Agreed on what was said, KEEP THE OLD UI FROM HOLODECK.
Empire Veteran
# 27
06-20-2014, 02:44 AM
This is really really bad.... they've taken what Heretic made and ruined it. The new UI is horrible, I can't clearly see assignment type, I cant see doff traits/category when picking doffs and I can't sort doffs into categories when selecting doffs.

The new UI lacks the clarity of the current one.

Assignments - This on holodeck becomes this on tribble
Doff Selection - This on holodeck becomes this on tribble.

That doffs are showing +crafting rather than traits is probably going to change to show traits anyway, but in my opinion, the current doffing UI should be left as it is with the R&D tab added for crafting.

Cryptic please please don't change the UI, the new one on tribble is a step back from what we have. What you have on tribble is clunky, cumbersome and somewhat counter intuitive compared to what it currently on holodeck.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.

Last edited by defalus; 06-20-2014 at 07:10 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Captain
# 28
06-20-2014, 02:51 AM
Yes, it's quite clearly worse: There's LESS information available than there was before. Where you used to see 6-7 doff assignments sorted by category, you now see 4. WHere you used to be able to see what traits and types were required, now you see...nothing. You've managed to create something to waste more screen space to show less information. If I didn't have most of this stuff memorized, I would be completely lost as to what I was even looking at in the second one. A grand total of zero people actually like this change. I have not heard a single person who actually thinks this is better.
Captain
# 29
06-20-2014, 03:33 AM
Doff UI, now powered by children's Mega Bloks.

Who needs pertinent information when you can have GIANT SCREEN WASTING BLOCKS instead!!?
Captain
# 30
06-20-2014, 03:33 AM
You can only select doffs that are on the first plan assignment screen. Click select will pull up another window with your roster to choose from but, you cannot see the doff traits unless you click on the individual doff info screen.

I'd rather have all info on one screen than have to open a lot of windows and switch back and forth.

Cannot sort doffs for missions by traits. This is gonna take too long to pull up and look at the doff info page one by one. With just a UI change and no other functionality updates, we know the recommended doffs aren't the best for the mission.

I can only see 4 doff missions without scrolling and currently we can see about 6 or 7. The size of the reward and input tiles are hidden and scrolling off the box. Not sure if your intent was to have them on just one line. Hovering over has no effect to pull the info out of the boxes.

I'm all for improving stuff but, this is worse than what we have now.

Last edited by leadme2kirk; 06-20-2014 at 03:39 AM.