Career Officer
# 11
06-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Are there any plans to add the ability to craft Kits and/or Kit Modules to the new crafting system?
Career Officer
# 12
06-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
I agree with every word of this post. Getting 1 XP is borderline insulting.
Not to mention you'll have to produce enough low-level gear to equip every Starfleet NPC and player ship with its crappy default gear before you hit Level 20. That's BAAAAAD.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Captain
# 13
06-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaturnley View Post
I agree with every word of this post. Getting 1 XP is borderline insulting.
Depends on the train of thought. Some folks come from a diminishing XP school of play.

Level 1 player vs. Level 1 mob = full XP.
Level 10 player vs Level 1 mob = almost no XP.
Level 1 crafter crafting Level 1 item = full XP.
Level 10 crafter crafting level 1 item = almost no XP.

Was surprised with the way the current system allows folks to continue getting XP at the same level for low level items...

Then again, this system is pretty much doing the same thing...

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser
Commander
# 14
06-20-2014, 04:29 PM
You only need to look at the previous set of patch notes to see everything that's wrong with this, I doubt people want to be repeating themselves, nice fixes but the pale into what the real issues are.
As someone who has 2 manned KAGE, 3 manned IGE and CGE, got 8:50 left on the clock (we've since beaten it) as our IGE Speed Run time, been here longer than my join date suggests and put in the effort to learn the game for myself, I would like to put it to you that I know what I'm doing.
Career Officer
# 15
06-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Depends on the train of thought. Some folks come from a diminishing XP school of play.

Level 1 player vs. Level 1 mob = full XP.
Level 10 player vs Level 1 mob = almost no XP.
Level 1 crafter crafting Level 1 item = full XP.
Level 10 crafter crafting level 1 item = almost no XP.

Was surprised with the way the current system allows folks to continue getting XP at the same level for low level items...

Then again, this system is pretty much doing the same thing...
Because of how Crafting leveling is on TRIBBLE right now, I can almost guarantee that no one's Level 10 in any crafting skill. I'm only Level 3 in Beams. The XP doesn't change based on level. You craft components, you get 1 XP. That needs to change. A LOT.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I think I read somewhere that the old particle traces and data samples could be traded in for the new ones.
Is this already possible and if so, where?

The new UI is quite nice, though I miss the sorting functions when assigning a doff to a mission.
And that you have to click on the "i" button to see the traits of the officers is a bit laborious.
"I came from a long gone time, saw many other times...
But I'm still a mere human."
Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
Career Officer
# 17 Accolades
06-20-2014, 04:36 PM
Again adding my voice to the chorus concerned with the loss of access to the exploration accolades. Please explain the fate of these before time runs out.
Captain
# 18
06-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Because of how Crafting leveling is on TRIBBLE right now, I can almost guarantee that no one's Level 10 in any crafting skill. I'm only Level 3 in Beams. The XP doesn't change based on level. You craft components, you get 1 XP. That needs to change. A LOT.
It's not that difficult to level on Tribble if you've stored samples over the years. There's also the free Dil from Drozana so you can spam the Finish Now. The Aegis shield is there in shields (or was, not sure if it's still there since this patch) and it provides 36k XP. So you can hit level 20 in Shields pretty fast even though it requires 2,070,000 XP for Level 20. But it you've got the samples, kicking out 57 some shields is pretty fast. Finish Now! Finish Now! Finish Now! Lol...

How long do folks think it should take to finish out Level 20 in a school? A month? A couple of months? A week? A weekend? An evening?

Captain
# 19
06-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolliec View Post
I think I read somewhere that the old particle traces and data samples could be traded in for the new ones.
You double click on the traces and data to open the trade-in shop. Drag the window so that the Buy button gets overlapped by the Okay button and you can click like mad trading them in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
Delicious bread and circuses time again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
I do enjoy my bread and circuses, Cryptic.
Sure it's out of context, and I don't work for Cryptic... but thanks!
Captain
# 20
06-20-2014, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisolliec View Post
Double-click one...it opens a new window allowing you to convert them: one at a time...painful.

You're also probably going to be upset about the exchange rate on the particles (samples isn't bad) - it's random. You might get rare materials or you might get uncommon or common. Basically, you're going to lose out there...meh.