# 41
02-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
BUMP this if you like the idea!!

Real simple:
  • For patrol and exploration missions.
  • Two sliders: Type and Location.
  • Percentage sliders, from 1%-100%, but only let us range it from 15%-85% to keep some random luck in there.
  • Type: the odds of a random mission being combat or science/exploraiton.
  • Location: the odds of a random mission being space or ground based.
  • That's it.

I bet this would make the appeal of exploration missions MUCH stronger, and put the Trek more into this game. If someone wants to play a crazy Section 31 commando squad, they can do 85% ground and 85% combat, and kick arse all day. If someone wants to be a science officer exploring, go 85% non-combat and mix up the space/ground 50/50.

Like for me, I actually prefer ground missions. I'd probably do something like 75% ground for Location, 50/50 split on combat vs non-combat under Type, on my main character. On my other characters, I'd go differently.

Good idea or bad?

Bump for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-16-2010, 09:16 AM
All over this, I go to a nebula to explore and all I get are kill the Reman, and patrol the sector. What this game needs is some puzzles!

Granted I do enjoy space combat.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-16-2010, 04:54 PM
/signed
10 char
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
I think everyone is giving up on STO too early--it's not even two weeks in.
we will have to see what they come out with to keep us (klinks mainly) on after 3/2. i personally want soem significant content improvements/purposeful pvp/ andguaran****s of what the 45 day patch will include (gimme my rommies!)
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
we will have to see what they come out with to keep us (klinks mainly) on after 3/2. i personally want soem significant content improvements/purposeful pvp/ andguaran****s of what the 45 day patch will include (gimme my rommies!)
I keep thinking I should nuke my extra TAC officer, explicitly for when Romulans come in.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-16-2010, 05:06 PM
I found this post via your signature, and I really like the idea. Though there would have to be a much wider variety of pure exploration/science/diplomatic missions. But those are sorely missed, aynway.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I think it's a good idea, but it'd be easilly exploited. It would be very easy to farm XP off of your idea.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skivv
I think it's a good idea, but it'd be easilly exploited. It would be very easy to farm XP off of your idea.
Actually, it wouldn't be with a tiny adjustment: reduce the XP of the quick beam in/scan/beam out missions. It would require a little rebalancing, but the idea would be that if someone wanted to take themselves out to some deep space and live there exploring, they could.

Slow and steady XP vs big bombastic XP, but with the penalty of: not fighting anything = you only get upgraded gear off of exploration turn-ins for Marks.

It would be really easy to balance this for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
I keep thinking I should nuke my extra TAC officer, explicitly for when Romulans come in.
And by the way, Rommies probably won't come out for another year. Six months if we're lucky. ((I can't wait for rommies too! 8D *hops up and down in my seat*))
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Actually, it wouldn't be with a tiny adjustment: reduce the XP of the quick beam in/scan/beam out missions. It would require a little rebalancing, but the idea would be that if someone wanted to take themselves out to some deep space and live there exploring, they could.

Slow and steady XP vs big bombastic XP, but with the penalty of: not fighting anything = you only get upgraded gear off of exploration turn-ins for Marks.

It would be really easy to balance this for Cryptic.
I would looooove to see you're idea put in to play. Especiallly since I hadn't thought of potential balancing. Maybe give a small XP penalty if you "choose" the odds.