Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2010, 04:10 PM
confirmed from the rewards, any green bo or up has different skills once in your assignment tab.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Hate to break it to you all, but this is intended.

During OB, when they released the bo's for lvling up.. you could accept the quest, look at the stats, and decline. Redo it, and get new stats. Keep doing it till you got what you wanted. The change makes sense, that you cannot do this anymore.

So while i figure it is annoying.. it was done for a reason. Otherwise if left to the old way, it was exploitable.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2010, 04:36 PM
every..literally every, Green or Blue BO reward has done this to me...Im not sure whats worse, the switching skills or the fact the dadgum requistion message to get them clogs my quest window when they are basically useless to me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey there Everyone,

I am currently investigating this issue, however I have been unable to get this to reproduce internally. I have already tested with the normal BO rewards for simply leveling up that you receive from Hail Starfleet.

----------

It is possible that some of you may be mistaking 1 bug for another.

Currently we are aware of an issue in which when mousing over the BO reward the tool tip will display 1 name. However upon accepting the reward the BO name will change in the assignment tab before having the BO join the crew.

There is also a known skill naming discrepancy between what is displayed on the tooltip and what is displayed in the skill window.

For example :
Hypospray I in the tooltip is : Hypospray - Dylovene I
Hypospray I in the skill window is : Hypospray - Masiform D I

Chroniton Mine Barrier in the tooltip is : Chroniton Mine Barrier I
Chroniton Mine Barrier in the skill window is : Mine Barrier I

Aux to SIF in the tooltip is : Auxiliary Power to the Structural Integrity Field
Aux to SIF in the skill window is : Auxiliary to Structural

Jam Targetting Sensors in the tooltip is : Jam Targetting Sensors
Jam Targetting Sensors in the skill window is : Jam Sensors

----------

To best find what is causing this to occur please include the following when submitting reports of this.
  • What is the mission which offered the BO as a reward?
  • How many bridge officers were in your assignment tab when this occurred?
  • How many bridge officers were currently part of your crew?
  • What rank and grade were you?
  • Did this occur in Sector Space, System Space or on a Ground map?
  • Were you standing at a vendor or NPC when this happened?
  • What skills were displayed and what did they change to?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2010, 08:01 PM
to falkoren,
I have experienced this as well. On the majority of officers awarded for leveling. Technically its a quest as its in my starfleet communication just like any of the other quests. But for me I've never had a problem with a mission reward bridge officer only the "bonus" officers I get for leveling.

Additional bugs. If I mouse over a boff don't accept him and then change zones the listed stats will change. if I have 2 or more boffs available to be accepted each time I go back and forth between the two their skills will change.

Once I accept the boff and he is placed in the assignments tab waiting to be accepted or used to train his skills have changed from what was in the quest dialog screen. I have never accepted a boff from anywhere but sector space. Its not that the description changes just a few words, its a total skill change Viral matrix III might change to gravity well II for instance.

In some cases I had 6 and 6 was all I was allowed to have assigned to me. In some cases I had 6 with 8 slots total. in all cases all of my available Boff slots where actually equipped on the ship. (4 seats 4 seats filled) I've experienced this with any where from 2-6 boffs waiting to be assigned to my crew. I find that the most often changed skill is the t4 commander skill. however I have seen all four space skills change to something different from before. I've experienced this in both t2 and t3 with both green and blue boffs.

this has happened with every single boff except twice. in both occasions as I was swapping between two boffs waiting for a skill set I liked (I know I'm sorry I'm abusing a bug, call it for testing purposes) I noticed after about the 3rd or 4th time of opening and closing the dialog the boff skill sets stopped changing and remained fixed no matter how many times I swapped back and forth between my two available rewarded boffs. At that time when I clicked accept the boff that was assigned to me was exactly the same as what was displayed. I have not been able to repeat this reliably.

I have also had the following experience I checked the boffs skill set didn't like it zoned a few times to get it to change and when I finally accepted him his skills reverted to what had originally been displayed the first time I check the reward dialog. I can't be sure about this 100% as I did not pay real close attention and it might have just been random that he was rerolled the exact same way as the first roll.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2010, 08:04 PM
The bug I noticed is that the bridge officer requisitions quest will reroll the stats/skills/traits of the bridge officer it rewards you with as displayed in the tooltip when you talk to the quest giver. You can close the window and reopen it to see different stats endlessly (so long as you don't finish the quest). When you finish the quest the officer it gives you will again have a reroll of stats that will be different than what you last saw when completing the quest. So essentially the tooltip from the quest giver is useless.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2010, 08:46 PM
It's happened to me before that if I turn in a quest, look at the BO candidates' stats/name to figure out which one I want, and I close/reopen the "Hail Starfleet" window, that the BO candidates will change. And after I choose one of the BO's, the name/stats might change again.

I haven't gotten any rare BO's yet, but I think a related issue that should be addressed is that once the BO is in your crew, you can't really tell whether it's supposed to be a common/uncommon/rare/etc BO anymore, since the text just turns white, instead of staying green/blue/purple. So it's really not clear whether the bug would be from the actual BO changing rarity, or having the correct rarity but with the wrong skills.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-13-2010, 12:17 AM
  • What is the mission which offered the BO as a reward? : Levelling up (2x)
  • How many bridge officers were in your assignment tab when this occurred? One, white, One white and one green
  • How many bridge officers were currently part of your crew? Three, four
  • What rank and grade were you? Er, the first level you get these things.
  • Did this occur in Sector Space, System Space or on a Ground map? One was sector space, one was ground
  • Were you standing at a vendor or NPC when this happened? No
  • What skills were displayed and what did they change to? At least on one, Tyken's Rift III was offered as a rank 4 (space) abilityI do not recall what it changed to.

In addition, are you aware of the Aceton Field issue, where it shows as a 5th Ground Power? (I forget, is it Aceton I or II)
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-13-2010, 08:27 AM
All these (rare) BO rewards totally useless to me, they all seem to have same set of abilities. Do a random generator and spit out useful BO's with ALL abilities or just remove them.
As it stands you can just put VM3, Aceton 3 and dispersal pattern 3 to shop and all rare, super rare BO's are useless.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by okkay View Post
I haven't gotten any rare BO's yet, but I think a related issue that should be addressed is that once the BO is in your crew, you can't really tell whether it's supposed to be a common/uncommon/rare/etc BO anymore, since the text just turns white, instead of staying green/blue/purple. So it's really not clear whether the bug would be from the actual BO changing rarity, or having the correct rarity but with the wrong skills.
This is something I noticed. Is the text color supose to change? Every BO I have gotten after my first three base crew has shown up in Green. Then if I accept them to my ship thier name is white. Is that suppose to happen? I frankly have not paid enough attention to determine if skills and traits are right or wrong.

Thanks,
Duncan