Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRunner84 View Post
All these (rare) BO rewards totally useless to me, they all seem to have same set of abilities. Do a random generator and spit out useful BO's with ALL abilities or just remove them.
As it stands you can just put VM3, Aceton 3 and dispersal pattern 3 to shop and all rare, super rare BO's are useless.
Very true!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-13-2010, 01:14 PM
This has happened to me every time ive gotten a bridge officer as a mission/level reward. Pretty sure it was mentioned that when you actually accept the bridge officer it gets re-rolled before being added to your inventory. so the tool tip is useless.

Doesn't happen if you purchase a Bridge officer from the npc or exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Actually, I've found that if you accept the bridge officer generated the very first time you open the assignment mission, you do get whatever was generated, and will match what you saw in the assignment screen.

If for any reason, you cancel the assignment screen and reopen, it will randomise the bridge officer again for the assignment screen, and then again after you accept, so what you get will not match the assignment screen.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Can someone please take pictures for Falkoren so he can see whats going on?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 04:17 AM
Yup. I've seen this too many times. It's lame. Sucks hardcore. Basically you don't believe the stats in the reward mission rollovers until you get them.

This happens on 'collecting' the bridge officers when you rank up. Every other rank or so, they'll give you a free boff that wants to join your crew. You are given only 1 boff to collect. roll your mouse on the traits, it shows one thing, hit accept, it shows another on your candidates list.

I've reporte this bug many times. I've screen shotted it too. No fix yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
This has been seen by many people.

Essentially it goes like this:

Get a BO reward mission. Accept the BO. Check its traits and powers before commissioning. Then commission them. Check the powers after. The traits and powers have changed. I've seen this. Others have. If you have, please post.

Edit:

Also, if possible, please take screen shots of the bridge officer before you claimed it, once you claimed it and also once you commissioned it, this will allow a proper comparison to be made and also assist in looking for patterns.

Please also detail what mission this happens on.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 04:20 AM
Just power level yourself a few times, and check the "freebie" bofff mission that wants to join your crew for ranking up. I noticed it in the rare levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkoren
Hey there Everyone,

I am currently investigating this issue, however I have been unable to get this to reproduce internally. I have already tested with the normal BO rewards for simply leveling up that you receive from Hail Starfleet.

----------

It is possible that some of you may be mistaking 1 bug for another.

Currently we are aware of an issue in which when mousing over the BO reward the tool tip will display 1 name. However upon accepting the reward the BO name will change in the assignment tab before having the BO join the crew.

There is also a known skill naming discrepancy between what is displayed on the tooltip and what is displayed in the skill window.

For example :
Hypospray I in the tooltip is : Hypospray - Dylovene I
Hypospray I in the skill window is : Hypospray - Masiform D I

Chroniton Mine Barrier in the tooltip is : Chroniton Mine Barrier I
Chroniton Mine Barrier in the skill window is : Mine Barrier I

Aux to SIF in the tooltip is : Auxiliary Power to the Structural Integrity Field
Aux to SIF in the skill window is : Auxiliary to Structural

Jam Targetting Sensors in the tooltip is : Jam Targetting Sensors
Jam Targetting Sensors in the skill window is : Jam Sensors

----------

To best find what is causing this to occur please include the following when submitting reports of this.
  • What is the mission which offered the BO as a reward?
  • How many bridge officers were in your assignment tab when this occurred?
  • How many bridge officers were currently part of your crew?
  • What rank and grade were you?
  • Did this occur in Sector Space, System Space or on a Ground map?
  • Were you standing at a vendor or NPC when this happened?
  • What skills were displayed and what did they change to?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Okay- I just graded up and got a new Boff. asking to join.

I took a screen capture. This time, instead of having his abilities completely get changed. His name changed.

His named changed from Etrohm Ensign to Tohlrat Ensign.
His abilities didnt get screwed up like before.

I think the ones that did get changed around were tactical officers. I noticed the 2 tactical officers I got in a row ended up changing their skills.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-15-2010, 02:28 AM
I have stats change on accepting them and once while changing costume on a rare bo. Both in space and on ground sucks to have a rare one turn not so rare.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-15-2010, 12:06 PM
You can only pick one officer in most of these quest rewards anyway.

If you check out the officer, then decline, then check out again via the Hail Starfleet button, it rerolls his stats and skills every time.

Theoretically you could keep doing this till you got every skill you wanted, then accept. But of course this would be absurdly overpowered. So when you accept the officer gets rerolled.

Makes sense to me. Cryptic could avoid complaints by making the stats/skills NOT reroll when you leave the dialog window and go back in. And then preserve the listed stats/skills upon acceptance.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
Can someone please take pictures for Falkoren so he can see whats going on?
for those who don't know how:
/screenshot_ui_jpg

gonna take some screens myself when my twink receives new officers.